• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Very, very, very urgent IR35 advice needed please!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wendigo100
    There was a time when I thought she was a bit of a fox. Are you telling me she's now past it?
    You have got to be kidding.

Which bit of a fox - the anus?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
      You have got to be kidding.

Which bit of a fox - the anus?
      Don't knock it til you've tried it.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman
        Sole traders seem to be exempt on the face of it, but I can't believe that someone in a classic Friday-to-Monday scenario could get away with it. To be a sole trader, you need to convince the tax man you are genuinely self-employed - and the OP clearly won't be.
        They don't, but the liability for the extra tax sits with the (deemed) employer.

This is why most employers will not employ an SE contractor for the type of work that most posters to this board perform.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
          FFS how long does this thread need to be?

The Intermediaries Legislation (IR35) applies to workers using an intermediary (a limited), hence it does not and cannot apply to a sole trader. End of story.

The IR can challenge any self employed workers status (sole trader) and seek to obtain tax and NI as if they were an employee. If they won't cough up, the simply demand it from the company that is "employing" them, hence why no sensible client of agent will deal with sole traders.

End of

That's what they think?

I've dealt as a sole trader for about 3-4 years when I started up this game, only I went through a third part brolly - that was recommended me from an EB but who always paid my gross minus the timesheet handling admin charge. Still, what they don't know, can' hurt them.

Comment

Working...
          X