• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Now then

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat
    So you want to remove the vote from a set of people, because you think that you know what they would vote for, and you don't want to see that happen. So better not let them vote at all. Do you see where this leads?
    I realize that it sounds silly, or calculated, and probably I am not expressing myself well enough. I think in the end it all comes down to the fact that I don't think it is right to demand certain rights if you are infringing those same rights in the first place. By committing a crime you position yourself above society and its rules, therefore you cannot expect to be able to influence society in deciding what rules to apply (as you would if you were allowed to vote)
    Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Originally posted by expat
      So you want to remove the vote from a set of people, because you think that you know what they would vote for, and you don't want to see that happen. So better not let them vote at all. Do you see where this leads?
      My gut reaction like many others is, operate outside the laws of the land and you can't expect the law to give you the same rights as everyone else...but I also see the side expat points out. That if someone creates an unjust law, and you lose your rights as a result of it, then how can you ever repeal such a law.

As I said, my gut reaction is one thing, but then again such things have been the trade of choice for many a year for dictators and their so called political prisoners who have no rights.

Comment

Working...
      X