• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thailand caves rescue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Every time I see this link I think about the brain juice wasted looking it up, posting it, you must value your juice at rock bottom prices.
    Hint - he probably just bookmarked it, like the rest of us...
    And you shouldn't worry too much about vetrans brain juice. He gave up worrying about it years ago...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Just run a tube through to them for them to crawl/climb back through (via a rope where necessary). Keeps the water away, once they've cleared the tube. Presume something like you see on a building site to throw rubbish down into a skip will fit through their route, just needs to be long enough for the underwater sections. Sorted.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Just run a tube through to them for them to crawl/climb back through (via a rope where necessary). Keeps the water away, once they've cleared the tube. Presume something like you see on a building site to throw rubbish down into a skip will fit through their route, just needs to be long enough for the underwater sections. Sorted.
        You go prototype the idea and report back, if you don't drown. Which you will.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
          In the words of Freddy Freddie Mercury...
          Last edited by Zigenare; 5 July 2018, 11:12. Reason: Mordac pointed out the error of my ways
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
            In the words of Freddy Mercury...
            Freddie.

Peasant...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Er, so the difficulty was swimming against the current going in, then surely one would be swimming with the current going out?

Or am I missing something?
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                Er, so the difficulty was swimming against the current going in, then surely one would be swimming with the current going out?

Yes. The bit about "being underwater, in pitch darkness, for quite some time".

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
                  Freddie.

Peasant...
                  Acknowledged!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

It's a five hour journey back to safety and the kids can't swim.
                    It is also said to be the case that the cave was dry/drier when they entered.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

horrible situation - I'd be in full panic modus
                      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X