• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I've got that ....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hyperD
    I believe relative take home vs services is better in France and direct comparisons with basic rates of tax is simply pandering to the spin from the lying, deceiving liebour slugs that should be covered in salt (sorry Xoggoth).
    That is true.
    - Social contributions are 10% (+ 5.5% medical) compared to 12.8% + 11% up to 645/wk * 1% above.
    - The top tax rate is 40% but that's only on income over €65,559 (it was 48% until recently but you wouldn't pay that rate on much of your income).
    - You can get a doctor, dentist, hospital bed etc any time you need it. They work evenings and weekends and the doctor will come to your house if you need it. You won't get turned down for budgetary reasons, or be lilely to get MRSA.

(comparisons include employers's contributions, which is only right since they are not paid by the tooth fairy: independent contractors will normally pay them themselves in both countries)
    Last edited by expat; 13 December 2006, 13:23.

Comment

Originally posted by benn0
      Well only this week she came out in support of someone who oversaw the disappearance of thousands, if not more, of innocent people.
      Mrs T supporting Tony Blair? I missed that.
      Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Anyway, when on this thread did I bring up thatcher, other than for the varicose veins reference?
        That is all you need.

Anyway I agree with you with regards to Pinochet.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by expat
          That is true.
          - Social contributions are 10% (+ 5.5% medical) compared to 12.8% + 11% up to 645/wk * 1% above.
          - The top tax rate is 40% but that's only on income over €65,559 (it was 48% until recently but you wouldn't pay that rate on much of your income).
          - You can get a doctor, dentist, hospital bed etc any time you need it. They work evenings and weekends and the doctor will come to your house if you need it. You won't get turned down for budgetary reasons, or be lilely to get MRSA.

(comparisons include employers's contributions, which is only right since they are not paid by the tooth fairy: independent contractors will normally pay them themselves in both countries)

Except France is such a basket case we couldn't get jobs there, so it's irrelevant.

Comment

Oh do **** off you pompus dick.
            Ah yes, the last bastion of the bitter and cranially challenged when facts interfere with ideology: childlike insults.
            Last edited by hyperD; 13 December 2006, 13:32.
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffoon
              Mrs T supporting Tony Blair? I missed that.

Wouldn't be surprised if she did, he's not changed much of what she implemented...

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                Except France is such a basket case we couldn't get jobs there, so it's irrelevant.
                Well, I could. But that's irrelevant to the question of which country has better "value" for the compulsory payments. As someone looking for a dentist in Bedfordshire that will take on a new patient (weekend appointments only, I'm away all week), I sometimes miss France and some of the things they do right.

Comment

Working...
                X