• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: I've got that ....

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I've got that ...."

Collapse

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    Except France is such a basket case we couldn't get jobs there, so it's irrelevant.
    Well, I could. But that's irrelevant to the question of which country has better "value" for the compulsory payments. As someone looking for a dentist in Bedfordshire that will take on a new patient (weekend appointments only, I'm away all week), I sometimes miss France and some of the things they do right.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by Buffoon
    Mrs T supporting Tony Blair? I missed that.

Wouldn't be surprised if she did, he's not changed much of what she implemented...

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by benn0
    Oh do **** off you pompus dick.
    Ah yes, the last bastion of the bitter and cranially challenged when facts interfere with ideology: childlike insults.
    Last edited by hyperD; 13 December 2006, 13:32.

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    Originally posted by expat
    That is true.
    - Social contributions are 10% (+ 5.5% medical) compared to 12.8% + 11% up to 645/wk * 1% above.
    - The top tax rate is 40% but that's only on income over €65,559 (it was 48% until recently but you wouldn't pay that rate on much of your income).
    - You can get a doctor, dentist, hospital bed etc any time you need it. They work evenings and weekends and the doctor will come to your house if you need it. You won't get turned down for budgetary reasons, or be lilely to get MRSA.

(comparisons include employers's contributions, which is only right since they are not paid by the tooth fairy: independent contractors will normally pay them themselves in both countries)

Except France is such a basket case we couldn't get jobs there, so it's irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

Anyway, when on this thread did I bring up thatcher, other than for the varicose veins reference?
    That is all you need.

Anyway I agree with you with regards to Pinochet.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Well only this week she came out in support of someone who oversaw the disappearance of thousands, if not more, of innocent people.
    Mrs T supporting Tony Blair? I missed that.

Leave a comment:

• expat
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    I believe relative take home vs services is better in France and direct comparisons with basic rates of tax is simply pandering to the spin from the lying, deceiving liebour slugs that should be covered in salt (sorry Xoggoth).
    That is true.
    - Social contributions are 10% (+ 5.5% medical) compared to 12.8% + 11% up to 645/wk * 1% above.
    - The top tax rate is 40% but that's only on income over €65,559 (it was 48% until recently but you wouldn't pay that rate on much of your income).
    - You can get a doctor, dentist, hospital bed etc any time you need it. They work evenings and weekends and the doctor will come to your house if you need it. You won't get turned down for budgetary reasons, or be lilely to get MRSA.

(comparisons include employers's contributions, which is only right since they are not paid by the tooth fairy: independent contractors will normally pay them themselves in both countries)
    Last edited by expat; 13 December 2006, 13:23.

Leave a comment:

• benn0
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent
    Benn0, you have not made one logical argument against Thatcher, so pomp and ridicule are what your bigotry and ignorance deserve.
    Well only this week she came out in support of someone who oversaw the disappearance of thousands, if not more, of innocent people.

Anyway, when on this thread did I bring up thatcher, other than for the varicose veins reference?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Benn0, you have not made one logical argument against Thatcher, so pomp and ridicule are what your bigotry and ignorance deserve.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Have you offed many vampires lately, Buffy, old chap?
    I can think of someone else on this thread that could do with slaying.

Leave a comment:

• benn0
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD
    For a man whose raison d'etre is to celebrate the inevitable death of Thatcher, it's hardly surprising that you wish to project your cancer-consuming bitterness of two decades to a reply that simply tries to make aware that it's difficult to compare basic rates of tax between countries and deduce that this is the de facto of quality of life.

It is still amusing that your distain for anything that rocks your guilt-ridden, beloved house of Marxist card’s ideology prompts you to feverishly type your misplaced one-liner digs at Thatcher at any non-existent inference.

Welcome to the 21st century where the majority have moved on.

Did you know prolonged hatred has been known to cause terminal illnesses?
    Oh do **** off you pompus dick.

Leave a comment:

• Buffoon
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Happy Birthday Buffy
    Many thanks. I refer the gentleman to the answer I gave a moment ago.

When I find out what is wrong with this simulation I’ll restart it.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Of course you believe it. That's because your head is up the arse of whoever is 'in charge' of the conservatives at any one time.
    For a man whose raison d'etre is to celebrate the inevitable death of Thatcher, it's hardly surprising that you wish to project your cancer-consuming bitterness of two decades to a reply that simply tries to make aware that it's difficult to compare basic rates of tax between countries and deduce that this is the de facto of quality of life.

It is still amusing that your distain for anything that rocks your guilt-ridden, beloved house of Marxist card’s ideology prompts you to feverishly type your misplaced one-liner digs at Thatcher at any non-existent inference.

Welcome to the 21st century where the majority have moved on.

Did you know prolonged hatred has been known to cause terminal illnesses?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Bollocks. - this board is bluer than maggies varicose veins and you know it.

It may be but it does not mean that we are paid up fans of the conservative party. Stop trying to turn a debate into a NL vs Tory argument, try instead to argue the point. (and I will stop referring to you as an NL spin doctor)

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Happy Birthday Buffy

Leave a comment:

Working...
X