• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Day sailor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Day sailor

Was sailing at the weekend (crime if you don't when living in Fünfseenland) - and I'm really hooked on the idea of cashing in some BTC for a day sailor. Got me costal skipper when I was in Norway but that was a while ago. I've been looking for something appropriate.... there's a berth available in at Marina walking distance away, I'd be taking the office down their the noe if I had something parked up.

My fav so far. Even has a BBQ

https://saffieryachts.com/saffier-se...n#afbeeldingen

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

I much prefer smaller dinghies for day sailing.

However I am normally on inland water or very close to the coast - I imagine if you are going further afield you may need something larger - like that thing in your picture.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Was sailing at the weekend (crime if you don't when living in Fünfseenland) - and I'm really hooked on the idea of cashing in some BTC for a day sailor. Got me costal skipper when I was in Norway but that was a while ago. I've been looking for something appropriate.... there's a berth available in at Marina walking distance away, I'd be taking the office down their the noe if I had something parked up.

My fav so far. Even has a BBQ

https://saffieryachts.com/saffier-se...n#afbeeldingen

very nice Scoots

very good taste

from the specs it's heavy though and you won't get it on a trailer behind the Cayenne

Milan.

Comment

No plans for a trailer, it'll have to be brought in the manufacturer. I've seen larger yachts in the lake, which looking out of place but usually because of the large cabin. I prefer the open space on deck myself.

The day sailor I used with my girls at the weekend, which was pretty fast actually 8knots and emotions started to increases - but as soon as you get more than 4 adults onboard it's cosy. I like the idea of entertaining from time to time was something bigger.

Last edited by scooterscot; 18 June 2018, 14:17.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Sails are a pain in the arse. Engines all the way.

My local marina (five mins walk from the house). My Hardy 25 is the 6th one up on the line on the right....

Last edited by TestMangler; 18 June 2018, 15:31.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Mano there's some rather large looking hulls there, guess you've got access to open water from that marina?

There's some electric motor options I've seen too but I really enjoy sailing, at one with the elements and all that.

Comment

Last time I was sailing it was this Lipari 41:

(My brother in law insisted on flying the George cross)
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I like how cats get in the shallows you can almost jump out at shore.

Comment

I'm really hooked on the idea of cashing in some BTC for a day sailor.
                  A boat to match your car, surely....?

Comment

I like how cats get in the shallows you can almost jump out at shore.
                    That, and in a gentle breeze you can be doing 15knots and leave your gin on the table without spilling a drop
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X