• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another gullible politician negotiating poorly with India

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
    Reskill to what ? Every single technical skillset is being outsourced.
    try becoming the spouse of a wealthy earner like AssGuru has done.

They really have not seen this done have they?

Companies are building huge offices in these low cost places. The only jobs offered are in the low cost places.

The idea we can 'upskill' when competing against billions of people willing to fundamentally lie about their experience and avoid taxation because they have such a low cost base is laughable. If even the top 1% of their population decide to compete we are screwed. Oh and don't forget the Chinese.

You know some of these Indians are actually rocket scientists? yep they have a space industry that isn't solely reliant on Werner Von Braun. They are cheap, willing to lie & quite clever.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      You could reword most of that and it would relate to western society. There may not be caste on caste racism but there is class on class racism and bigotry, there is anti-coloured racism in the west and there is definitely bullying styles of management in the west. In fact there are probably a lot of aspects of western working practices which those in other countries may find particularly repugnant too....
      how much time have you spent with Indians or Arabs?

Comparing frothing National front types with two professional Indians not being willing to be on the same table at dinner because of where their parents village was back home.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
        If only you were twice as good as we think you are then AtW's stuffed squirrel would have an intellectual equal
        FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          how much time have you spent with Indians or Arabs?

Comparing frothing National front types with two professional Indians not being willing to be on the same table at dinner because of where their parents village was back home.
          Nope, I'm talking about your middle class who spout things like "I'm not racist but..." or "The price of houses in the street are going to drop now..." or professional contractors discussing 'bobs'....
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

try becoming the spouse of a wealthy earner like AssGuru has done.
            I've always earned more than the missus.
            Especially now when she's not working.
            You can make all the excuses you want, and the fact is life isn't fair, some are more cognitively gifted than others.
            But a sense of entitlement isn't going to enable you to compete with the better education systems of the far East, especially in our industry where location is becoming increasingly unimportant.

You can see where the West is heading particularly as it's becoming apparent that the system has somehow allowed the stupid to out-breed the clever.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Nope, I'm talking about your middle class who spout things like "I'm not racist but..." or "The price of houses in the street are going to drop now..." or professional contractors discussing 'bobs'....
              Not quite on the same level but whatever keeps you happy.

Unfortunately for you there are so many racists out there. or not...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...om-London.html

I always assumed Bob was either based on Clippy's predecessor or was a nod to a certain culture's confusing head movements. If it is considering some of the things they call us, its pretty mild.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossa...or_the_British

I wonder do your colleagues secretly describe you as Inselaffe?

Comment

All these people whining in the IT industry. If you can't compete get out. There's plenty of money to be made in plumbing or building trades, probably more.
                You've got to love what you do and have some level of talent to make any long term success of it.
                End of story.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

View Quote ... Independence Day ... Movie Quotes Database

pretty much describes it.

Comment

Careful. That "nice" mask you put on is slipping
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      Careful. That "nice" mask you put on is slipping
                      No "nice mask" I don't look down on other people like you. Just looking at reality.

you don't think globalisation has some of the facets of an alien invasion?

I'm not accusing each population of being responsible for trying to better themselves at the expense of others they are all just there to be used by the multinationals. Once India was too expensive they moved on, Western Europe, Morocco, Mexico etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X