• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for Musicians

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DS23
    yup. well kind of...

epiphone are gibsons budget guitars. ie pretty much the same thing only cheaper.

anyway, epiphone guitar manufacture is (or at least was) outsourced to a korean company called samick. samick make their own guitars as well as being an outsource manufacturer for other peoples wares. i have a samick 650 which was their version of an epiphone 335.

but i don't understand - didn't you just get a brand new rickenbacker? you want a 335 too?
    I have indeed....but there is something about it that makes me feel its incredibly valuable (although it isn't really) I wouldn't mind a cheap guitar I could keep and use when I'm away, and which I'm not frightened bang around, and where I don't have the feeling I have to polish it everytime I touch it.

Actually the reason I rushed and bought the Rickenbacker was it became clear that they're not easy to get hold of, I only found one shop with just a couple in stock, and the waiting time for a new one is two years, otherwise I would have probably tried a few guitars out first.
    Last edited by BlasterBates; 15 January 2007, 13:28.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
    X