• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for Musicians

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking about the 6 string version.

hmm I think the "jangly" might fit with my style. My speciality is a 50's style, as I learn't in a stage band doing swing, hmm "rockabilly or Buddy Holly" best describes it, so a strong treble would be good. I did play a cheap semi-acoustic but it wasn't clear enough.

Do you reckon it would fit with that ?
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates
      I was thinking about the 6 string version.

hmm I think the "jangly" might fit with my style. My speciality is a 50's style, as I learn't in a stage band doing swing, hmm "rockabilly or Buddy Holly" best describes it, so a strong treble would be good. I did play a cheap semi-acoustic but it wasn't clear enough.

Do you reckon it would fit with that ?
      A Rickenbacker would be perfect. Either that, or a Gibson ES335.

Rickenbacker is better though....
      Call the cops

Comment

...aha so a Rickenbacker sounds like a Gibson does it ?
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

...aha so a Rickenbacker sounds like a Gibson does it ?
          Well, as far as the two of them using humbuckers, then yes, they are similar, although the sound is brighter than the Gibsons.
          Call the cops

Comment

Hmmm... a 335... nice

As for acoustics and sound not being governed by price - so true! My Sigma (Korean Martin) is one of the best sounding acoustics I've played. Rosewood back means it has deep lows instead of loads of nasty midrange. Cost £80 new.

My Ovation, however, sounds as artificial and souless as the plastic bowl it is made from.

Comment

Just read some reviews on Epiphone. Sounds like the Epiphone ES335 is good value for money.

Anybody play it ?
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Just read some reviews on Epiphone. Sounds like the Epiphone ES335 is good value for money.

Anybody play it ?
                Great guitars, and a snip at under £400....
                Call the cops

Comment

I'm tempted to buy one of these as well, I mean for £400; I might even pick up a secondhand one for a couple of hundred.
                  I'm alright Jack

Comment

Anybody play it ?
                    yup. well kind of...

epiphone are gibsons budget guitars. ie pretty much the same thing only cheaper.

anyway, epiphone guitar manufacture is (or at least was) outsourced to a korean company called samick. samick make their own guitars as well as being an outsource manufacturer for other peoples wares. i have a samick 650 which was their version of an epiphone 335.

but i don't understand - didn't you just get a brand new rickenbacker? you want a 335 too?

Comment

I'm tempted to buy one of these as well, I mean for £400; I might even pick up a secondhand one for a couple of hundred.
                      ahh OK.

indeed a 335 copy will only set you back a few bob.

Comment

Working...
                      X