• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where our tax goes :(

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    And that loaded polystyrene stuff is proving problematic... there's nothing worse than a bomb that doesn't go pop.
    Polystyrene stuff eh - reminds of the rocks on this planet the Captain and I beamed down to, there was this giant alien lizard lifeform and, well I suppose you know the rest

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
      The cold war started because post WW2 Stalin decided it was a good idea to force his evil empire upon Asia and Europe, ie the SU started rolling out it's communist states years before it tested it's nukes.
      I will not tolerate this invented version of history.

Gulag for you, Lucy

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
        I will not tolerate this invented version of history.

Gulag for you, Lucy
        Not unlike Norfolk.

Comment

FFS the cold war ended because of nuclear weapons, go and learn some history. ..
          Nukes were no doubt a major factor, or at least the expense of maintaining the nuclear arsenal and conventional forces.

But I was watching an interesting Discovery Channel program on the 1986 Chernobyl disaster last night, which claimed that the need for the Russians to come clean was an important catalyst for glasnost and the ending of the Cold War, along with the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989. So even a radioactive cloud has a silver lining

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            <cough>

You were stuck on the Enterprise, old chap... it was the War Criminal who was beamed down with me...
            Ummm - I wondered who would be the first to spot my deliberate mistake

BATTS in Captain Mainwaring mode

Comment

FFS the cold war ended because of nuclear weapons, go and learn some history.
              No, it was because of the invention of the fax machine.

HTH
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                No, it was because of the invention of the fax machine.

HTH
                That's an interesting thought.

Comment

Working...
                X