• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No escaping the Russians

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think this is all about the world cup. There was the FBI raid on FIFA corruption a while back - why would America's domestic law enforcement agency suddenly give a tulip about 'corruption' in FIFA? Other than the fact the world cup was due to be hosted in Russia...

Now we've got all this a few months before with a huge media campaign jumping straight to conclusion (Iraq WMD style) calling to boycott the world cup. This will be followed by calls and pressure for other countries to do the same because 'how could any civilized nation possibly take part?'

Whatever side/story you believe my main objection is being lied to by politicians/media again, enough is enough. I don't think we will go to war over it, but international football has now been weaponized in cold war 2.0. If I was a football fan I'd be upset about that.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      I still think this is all about the world cup. There was the FBI raid on FIFA corruption a while back - why would America's domestic law enforcement agency suddenly give a tulip about 'corruption' in FIFA? Other than the fact the world cup was due to be hosted in Russia...

Now we've got all this a few months before with a huge media campaign jumping straight to conclusion (Iraq WMD style) calling to boycott the world cup. This will be followed by calls and pressure for other countries to do the same because 'how could any civilized nation possibly take part?'

Whatever side/story you believe my main objection is being lied to by politicians/media again, enough is enough. I don't think we will go to war over it, but international football has now been weaponized in cold war 2.0. If I was a football fan I'd be upset about that.
      Eh, because they committed crimes and most of them plead guilty.

It's like there is a revolving door of cretinism on this site. Just when one lot head off others step up to fill the space.

Comment

Rest of the world seems more interested in the Tillerson/Pompeo thing now.

I don't think WW3 will be kicked off by Little Britain.
        WW3 was kicked off by Putin in 2014 when he annexed Crimea and then invaded Donbass in Ukraine

Useful idiots like yourself were claiming that it was fault of NATO, Obama blah blah

Comment

Now all who appeased aggressor should enjoy odourless smell of Новичёк in the morning

Comment

AtW mate, you should be in a bunker and stop all communications with the outside world. Pretty much all Putin critics in UK are dropping like flies.
            Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              Putin made threats when they were handed over.

Seriously if you want to threaten and scare other people you kill someone you regard as dispensable plus one of their close family members in a known way, while everyone else e.g. Glushkov can have "accidents" or "commit suicide".
              The dispensible nobody was bumped off in a tabloid headline-grabbing manner in order to warn somebody. Did it ever occur to the British press that they are putty in every mobster's hands? I despair.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                WW3 was kicked off by Putin in 2014 when he annexed Crimea and then invaded Donbass in Ukraine

Useful idiots like yourself were claiming that it was fault of NATO, Obama blah blah
                Wasn't that in response to the western backed coup that put Poroshenko in charge?
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Corbyn is a total zoomer.

Completely lost it.

Comment

Wasn't that in response to the western backed coup that put Poroshenko in charge?
                    And that (even if it was true) in your view justifies military invasion?

Poroshenko was elected in May 2014, after the invasion.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      Corbyn is a total zoomer.

Completely lost it.
                      "Our response must be based on clear evidence".

He adds the circumstances demands we build an international consensus to demand Russia supply full details of its chemical weapons.
                      Russia statement LIVE: Theresa May to expel 23 spies from UK in response to Salisbury poisoning attack | The Independent

Yeah we should just go to war - I'm sure we can link this to Assad somehow as well. Last thing we want is a 3rd party independent investigation.

Comment

Working...
                      X