• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No escaping the Russians

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yes yes we know. It's because you're one of CUK's village idiots.

HTH, BIDI, TSLITH
    What’s the difference between Jon On and moron?

Two characters...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      The real nuance is that it is now clear they were part of Russian MoD (GRU), so using banned chemical warfare on UK territory is act of war
      good we will send our rowing boat and its support canoe!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Yes yes we know. It's because you're one of CUK's village idiots.

HTH, BIDI, TSLITH
        Originally posted by AtW View Post
        What’s the difference between Jon On and moron?

Two characters...
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

But if the substance was in a form that could be washed away, why was it placed on an external door knob? It was in point of fact raining heavily in Salisbury that day, and indeed had been for some time.
          Would the rain necessarily wash the handle on this house? Depends which way the wind was blowing.

Last edited by xoggoth; 16 September 2018, 18:57.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Would the rain necessarily wash the handle on this house? Depends which way the wind was blowing.

is novickok water soluble?

Comment

Not sure about the instant actions either.

Nerve agents can act within minutes but they can also take hours to take effect. Much depends on the exact toxin, the dose and the delivery method
              https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...d-nerve-agent/

Inhalation acts rapidly, digestion and skin absorbtion less so.
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
                is novickok water soluble?
                Yes it is, but I much prefer it on the rocks....

Comment

It was probably gel based version - oily spray or some such

It degrades in water or from moisture, which is why I think they went back to London on 3rd, Skripal got lucky it degraded which is why he lived long enough for serious investigation to occur - same as Litvinenko, had he died few days earlier then we’d never know faces of his killers or the poison, but after it was picked up then it meant Polonium can’t be used anymore (at least in UK)

If it looks comical errors it’s because thise guys got used to killing peope without UK giving a tulip and overtime became complacent
                  Last edited by AtW; 16 September 2018, 19:58.

Comment

It's okay you can soon vote for a new President.

Comment

" A central figure in this disinformation campaign was former British ambassador to Uzbekistan Craig Murray.

Murray's outlandish claims were wild and baseless, even going so far as to imply Israel might be behind the attempted assassination in a bid to damage Russia's reputation. Instead of being dismissed offhand as borderline anti-semitic drivel, his nonsense was widely shared by pro-Corbyn voices. Novara Media founder Aaron Bastani described him as "the only person who conducted anything resembling investigative journalism around the Skripal story", which suggests he understands neither investigations nor journalism.

Murray was one of the few people left still supporting Putin last week, cooking up conspiracist propaganda about timestamps in the CCTV screenshots, which was then, like clockwork, shared and promoted by the Kremlin. He then performed similar contortions in order to further defend Boshirov and Petrov, trying to twist and turn their bizarre lies into a believable narrative."

Skripal poisoning: It's time for the Corbyn left to confront its Putin problem

Looks like he's earned his right to become a Russian Embassador to Britain once Komrade Kolonel Korbyn gets into power...

Comment

Working...
                      X