• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netflix / Amazon Recommends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LM - this

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...his-month.html
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

That got announced many years ago to great fanfare and then died a death. Did it actually launch? I shall investigate.

As long as I can set up a series link to record shows I want to watch and download them to the PC attached to my TV then that's all the functionality I need. BBC iPlayer manages this very well (although you have to wait for the first episode to air before you can set it up). No other TV provider seems to do the same.

Comment

I'm just approaching the end of the 4th and final season of Last Man on Earth on Amazon. It shouldn't really work but I ended up really enjoying it. Nice short, easy-watching episodes too. Plus it's got January Jones in (Don's wife from Mad Men), on the topic of easy-watching. The Mad Men joke is very good... don't spoil it anyone.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That got announced many years ago to great fanfare and then died a death. Did it actually launch? I shall investigate.

As long as I can set up a series link to record shows I want to watch and download them to the PC attached to my TV then that's all the functionality I need. BBC iPlayer manages this very well (although you have to wait for the first episode to air before you can set it up). No other TV provider seems to do the same.
          Its out I was looking at it back in 2018.

There are some good advert driven IPTV sources. I like IMDB's content though they need to up their ad variety. Pluto.tv are also doing some good stuff.

series recording is a pain sadly.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I was worried what I was going to watch to get my viewing fix once Ozark had finished so I checked out The Lincoln Lawyer - really good series, a little bit Hawaii-5-0-esque with the peripheral characters but the central plot is good.

I'm also struggling picking things up that haven't screened for 2 or 3 years with me normally rewatching the final episode of the last season that was screened. That works with a show like Saul with a normal plot but Stranger Things?? I think I'm going to just have to ditch that as I didn't even know what was going on in the first place. At least it's not so full of annoying kids now. Or perhaps it's because the annoying kids have grown up.

Comment

FOG

Comment

Originally posted by jainnode View Post
                FOG
                off you trot

Comment

I have re assessed my opinion of Stranger Things. Having now made it to ep 4 I admit to being hooked.

Comment

I think its been mentioned in this chat before but The Boys on Prime.
                    First 15min of episode 1, Season 2 was.....something

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
                      I think its been mentioned in this chat before but The Boys on Prime.
                      First 15min of episode 1, Season 2 was.....something
                      If it hasn't been mentioned, it really should be. I've recently ploughed through S2 to be ready for S3, they don't let up in scenes that you cannot un-see. I like the concept and it's very slickly done - also really like all the very thinly veiled rip-offs of other famous heroes. Homelandler is genuinely a rather disturbing character and only gets more so, although he reminds me quite a bit of Philip Schofield for some reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X