• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Netflix / Amazon Recommends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Start your own thread for your posh stuff. This is one is for poor people only.
    It's cheaper than Amazon and Netflix, I think. Maybe. I didn't look actually, I had my butler arrange it

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

It's cheaper than Amazon and Netflix, I think. Maybe. I didn't look actually, I had my butler arrange it
      Sky Q basic is £26 a month against Amazon at £79 a year and Netflix at £9.99 a month.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Bought a CD of a mini-series called Mare of Easttown, starring Kate Winslett, she of Titanic and the excellent film Ammonite which I watched the other day.

Looked good, but turned out to be interminable chit-chat among what looked like a typically boringly woke and trendy lot of characters.

I soon grew too bored to follow what was developing, if anything

Dammit, another pup bought in a supermarket without checking reviews. When will I ever learn?

(Not saying it was bad per se, but just not for me. It would probably appeal more to young people and/or women.)
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          Bought a CD of a mini-series called Mare of Easttown, starring Kate Winslett, she of Titanic and the excellent film Ammonite which I watched the other day.

Looked good, but turned out to be interminable chit-chat among what looked like a typically boringly woke and trendy lot of characters.

I soon grew too bored to follow what was developing, if anything

Dammit, another pup bought in a supermarket without checking reviews. When will I ever learn?

(Not saying it was bad per se, but just not for me. It would probably appeal more to young people and/or women.)
          did she get her bits out for the lads ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kate-Winslet--Titanic.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	4196457

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Sky Q basic is £26 a month against Amazon at £79 a year and Netflix at £9.99 a month.
            Right, but not really comparable. I think it's £5 a month direct, so less than Amazon and Netflix. I have all three.

Comment

Can't get Sky where I am.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

you could get it via IPTV but most blocks put a dish on the roof then distribute to tenants.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

Right, but not really comparable. I think it's £5 a month direct, so less than Amazon and Netflix. I have all three.
                  oh you mean their IPTV offering? No dish or premium channels?

Comment

oh you mean their IPTV offering? No dish or premium channels?
                    Yeah, I mean, you just need a device that supports the app (e.g., a smart tv) and a subscription, which is £4.99 a month. No doubt, there are bundles out there that come with all three plus a bunch of other crap, like Sky. It just depends what you want. I find myself watching very little on Netflix now, although I'm waiting for Season 4 of Ozark early next year. Amazon is annoying in other ways, like the 30% of stuff that actually comes with the subscription. Still, on balance, it's worth having all of 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      You can if you use thier idiotic IPTV offering (with free TV)

Comment

Working...
                      X