• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Commercial Loans

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commercial Loans

Anyone has information about commercial loans, that's loans from LTD to other business (but not intercompany loans)
    I found bits here and there about them, but most of the links online are warning about director loans, not commercial loans.

NLUK, I got advice from accountant. But like to hear from this forum peeps... what's the point of the forum if we don't ask !!

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
    Anyone has information about commercial loans, that's loans from LTD to other business (but not intercompany loans)
    I found bits here and there about them, but most of the links online are warning about director loans, not commercial loans.

NLUK, I got advice from accountant. But like to hear from this forum peeps... what's the point of the forum if we don't ask !!
    Are you wanting to lend money or to borrow money?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Loans

Are you loaning to another limited company and also on commercial terms? Any security involved e.g. personal guarantees, shares, property, cars, etc?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Are you wanting to lend money or to borrow money?
        My Ltd lending money to my other business (but other business is not Ltd so not company to company lending)

Comment

Originally posted by Darren at DynamoAccounts View Post
          Are you loaning to another limited company and also on commercial terms? Any security involved e.g. personal guarantees, shares, property, cars, etc?
          Lending to another business but not Ltd, terms not drawn yet, are there any information / links about that?

Comment

My Ltd lending money to my other business (but other business is not Ltd so not company to company lending)
            That’s a loan to you (assuming you’re a sole trader). So that’s going to fall under directors loans rules I’d say.

Comment

We are getting there. We have nearly half the information needed to help so far...
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                We are getting there. We have nearly half the information needed to help so far...
                What further info you need? Am asking if anyone has information/links on HMRC about business to business loan, many loan money from one Ltd to another but in this case the second business is not setup as a ltd and wanted to do further reading on it.

Comment

What further info you need? Am asking if anyone has information/links on HMRC about business to business loan, many loan money from one Ltd to another but in this case the second business is not setup as a ltd and wanted to do further reading on it.
                  So, how is the other business set up?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    So, how is the other business set up?
                    This is what am asking about, how would a business to business loans work if lender is Ltd and the other is not? What are the regulations and terms around it?? I am trying to find out ANY info about business to business loans.

Comment

Working...
                    X