• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Tomorrow morning should be interesting.... think we're about to witness a 15-20% drop on the opening hour. Previous support channels seem irrelevant.

You think the FTSE 100 is going to open with a 20% drop tomorrow morning? I hope you have made a typo there else your comments are becoming seriously deluded.

On Friday night FTSE futures closed at just 10 points down from the closing bell price. The FTSE futures will open again tonight and I'd bet my house that they won't open 20% down and I'd bet another house that they won't be 20% at the opening bell 8am tomorrow.

I'm not saying the market is going to rise but to expect a 20% fall in one go is frankly laughable and naive. Personally I would love that to happen as I am waiting to invest my next cycle of funds. But I do expect a more gradual re-alignment of the markets now rather than huge % moves.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
      You think the FTSE 100 is going to open with a 20% drop tomorrow morning? I hope you have made a typo there else your comments are becoming seriously deluded.

On Friday night FTSE futures closed at just 10 points down from the closing bell price. The FTSE futures will open again tonight and I'd bet my house that they won't open 20% down and I'd bet another house that they won't be 20% at the opening bell 8am tomorrow.

I'm not saying the market is going to rise but to expect a 20% fall in one go is frankly laughable and naive. Personally I would love that to happen as I am waiting to invest my next cycle of funds. But I do expect a more gradual re-alignment of the markets now rather than huge % moves.
      Don't think of scootie as a proper person. Pat him on the head and tell him he's a good boy.

Good boy, scootie. Can you draw us a picture?

Comment

I said 15-20% drop. I think 6000 is a given by mid-morning. And 5000 by close of play is possible.

When the market closed on Friday it completely ignored a strong level of support. This is far from ordinary. The reasoning is based on some squiggly lines....

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Good boy, scootie!

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
            Attaboy, scootie!
            FTFY

Comment

On Friday night FTSE futures closed at just 10 points down from the closing bell price. .

I'm thinking the market did not price in Italy switching off its economy at the weekend.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                I said 15-20% drop. I think 6000 is a given by mid-morning. And 5000 by close of play is possible.

When the market closed on Friday it completely ignored a strong level of support. This is far from ordinary. The reasoning is based on some squiggly lines....

What you said was pretty clear, to quote: "think we're about to witness a 15-20% drop on the opening hour". That won't happen and a 20% by the end of this week.

I wouldn't believe in pretty pictures on their own.

I agree that sh1it is kicking off in the world and it will be a very interesting ride. But I would advise staying off the permabear sites - they have caused me much pain in the past.

Comment

I reckon there is still 10% downside to the market, after that buy buy buy

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                    I reckon there is still 10% downside to the market, after that buy buy buy
                    9 months of virus

30% from now us the low point

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

e permabear sites - they have caused me much pain in the past.
                      We've not even begun to enter a bear market yet. Last week was just a taster.

Comment

Working...
                      X