• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10k into shares account and 5k into pension with tax relief.

Assuming we don't No Deal this should bounce in the New year. If we no deal, they all need shooting in Parliament.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I won't repeat the same mistake twice. If I see the sh*t has gone down, I'll start buying. Same as if you had bought in 2009 at the dip.
      I don't think the next "crisis" will be as bad as the 2008 though, the system is more controlled now. More fiat, yes, but everyone's more prepared now. Unless the same excessive misconduct that led to the 2008 subprime mortgage lending happens again, this time well hidden or on a different sector.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        10k into shares account and 5k into pension with tax relief.

Assuming we don't No Deal this should bounce in the New year. If we no deal, they all need shooting in Parliament.
        Haven't you been reading? Shares are not what you want to be buying at the minute. The whole market is going bear.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Skag View Post
          I won't repeat the same mistake twice. If I see the sh*t has gone down, I'll start buying. Same as if you had bought in 2009 at the dip.
          I don't think the next "crisis" will be as bad as the 2008 though, the system is more controlled now. More fiat, yes, but everyone's more prepared now..
          In what universe? Debt is out of control. Debt has shot up since 2008. 2008 was a banking crisis. 2019 will be a debt / fiat crisis. 2008 was a taster of what's to come. Baked beans and shotguns should be the only thing you're investing in.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

True, it is. But it's more controlled. I think it will affect more the small and medium sized business rather than consumers directly. Banks will be ok as usual. Maybe they will issue (even more) fiat as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Haven't you been reading? Shares are not what you want to be buying at the minute. The whole market is going bear.
              How’s that Bitcoin thing going Scooter?

Comment

How’s that Bitcoin thing going Scooter?
                Not bad, up 25% in the last 7 days.

How's the stock market thing going?

Comment

Originally posted by Skag View Post
                  True, it is. But it's more controlled. I think it will affect more the small and medium sized business rather than consumers directly. Banks will be ok as usual. Maybe they will issue (even more) fiat as usual.
                  I politely disagree.

Customers are the ones causing the slump. Buyers are disappearing. Just need to Deutsche Bank to declare bankruptcy to clear out the crap that is the derivatives market.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Not bad, up 25% in the last 7 days.

How's the stock market thing going?
                    Lol.

Wow 25% up in a week and there was me thinking it was down about 70% this year. I obviously know nothing.

Comment

Lol.

Wow 25% up in a week and there was me thinking it was down about 70% this year. I obviously know nothing.
                      In Pooper's Wibbly World, bitcoin can lose 99.9% of it's value and then the remaining 0.1% of the value can double and he thinks we are all rich again.

Comment

Working...
                      X