• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
    I sold out what I bought for a small profit earlier this week! How's is the Ethereum bet going?

Got another $10k waiting.... getting close...

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
      I'm feeling much better about my 50% loss on Woodford now. Went tits up at the perfect time!
      He's bringing out a new 'Woodford Capital Saver Fund'

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        I'm feeling much better about my 50% loss on Woodford now. Went tits up at the perfect time!
        50% losses now even worth talking about. You need to be in 99.999% losses club mate.

Comment

I told you all the stock market was going to crash 2 year ago. Called it, got it.
          This must genuinely be the dumbest thing you have ever said. You called a market crash due to a virus that didn't even exist back then and you are taking credit for calling it?

Utterly ******* moronic.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
            wall street suspended!
            This crash has erased 60% of the Trump rally since he entered office in Jan 2016.

DOW
            Jan 2016: 16,000
            Peak (mid Feb 2020): 29,500
            Now: 21,500
            Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

I called the crash, not the virus!

Wasn't going to take much to prick the bubble.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                I'm telling you the housing market is next. Why? Because you don't pay a mortgage (which you think is cheap today) when down the road ( 2-3 year from now) there is a bigger nicer property for 40% less, and even costs less per month to service. People just don't get it. Been alive long enough to see this happen twice over, and folks are waking into the same situation with a massive amount of hubris.
                In the meantime people are still paying their current mortgage and need somewhere to live. They may find if they try to move to somewhere bigger yet cheaper that their mortgage provider won't lend them the difference due to negative equity potential, so those stuck in over priced houses will continue to pay the mortgage for it, or default.

The virus is going to decimate the economy this year and many people risk losing jobs or getting shunted onto statutory sick pay at a measly £94 a week. Can't pay their bills and debts with that.

tulip is about to get real for those surviving on debt, if they survive the virus.

Hence, the government who are also off their tits on debt will find a way of 'making it all go away'. Who will end up paying that price?
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  50% losses now even worth talking about. You need to be in 99.999% losses club mate.
                  I can only aspire to that level of carnage without a crypto account.

Comment

Got another $10k waiting.... getting close...

There goes the other $10k

Comment

There goes the other $10k
                      3rd time lucky, off you go...

Comment

Working...
                      X