• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    And FTSE 100 is back above 6000. Which is great news for Pooper as it's going to test the Fibonacci ascending triangle resistance breakout extension support line, before retrenching to 4500.
    My tracker funds are loving it
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

5min

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      And FTSE 100 is back above 6000. Which is great news for Pooper as it's going to test the Fibonacci ascending triangle resistance breakout extension support line, before retrenching to 4500.
      You jest..but .serioiusly..this is an actual post by a day trader today..

“ I will close on a full (all the candle) closing above 6019 - then being broken by 2 pips, if I catch it, alert set for 6019. Fail safe stop 6050 (above R2).

I mean serioiusly..wtf !! Shooter..please tell me he’s bonkers?

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      Portfolio up 0.96% this morning

Doubt, I’ll see such a good run again in my lifetime.

Comment

Watched a TV programme a couple of years ago about crypto millionaires flocking to Puerto Rico. Not very likeable folks. Something a bit off with the lot of them. Scoots would probably have fitted right in.

If I had his millions, I'd invest it in an income portfolio and go and find something more meaningful/worthwhile to do with my life. Playing the financial markets is a bit seedy.
        Last edited by DealorNoDeal; 9 October 2020, 11:30.
        Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by BABABlackSheep View Post

“ I will close on a full (all the candle) closing above 6019 - then being broken by 2 pips, if I catch it, alert set for 6019. Fail safe stop 6050 (above R2).

Cf. Astrology King

Comment

Been exactly a month since I posted this and my IT has risen 22%.

Held it for a long time now, mainly because in a troublesome market, its performed amazingly well over the years. I figured with Japan doing so well vs covid and a new prime minster coming in, plus Buffett investing(even if a hedge against the dollar), it looks a good time for a bit more exposure.

Anyway, again, no TA, Scooter might show me a graph that says it’s going to crash soon, but this is my luxury holding. If fundamentals change, I’ll sell.

whatb the heck is IT and i'll give it a lookie
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Hate to tell you, but PEARSON doing well today.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                I guess it's a good day for you day traders...
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I've no idea. Don't do candle stick trading. Very much in the realms of day traders that is. Whorty tell us...

Comment

Hate to tell you, but PEARSON doing well today.
                    Should continue to do so over the next quarter -

Still not taken a position with Lloyds yet and my limit order has expired! Time to renew... still not made that higher low. Seriously do you think you could do this? If I ever make it sound easy, it's not... a strategy has rules, and you must follow them to manage risk. I don't know if price action on Lloyds has bottomed, however until I can confirm a reversal there'll be no purchase. CNA was the same, I only opened a position once reversal is confirmed.
                    Last edited by scooterscot; 9 October 2020, 12:40.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      I guess it's a good day for you day traders...
                      Yep. I'm one of those special day traders that hold on to tracker funds for 15 years
                      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Working...
                      X