• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Imagine we have market crash before month's end and Brexit is rescinded when the Russian report comes out - that would be fireworks.
    Wouldn't rescinding brexit be a boost to the markets? Less cash tied up in extra red tape, better/larger markets for both UK and EU companies to trade in. So yes, could be fireworks, but in a positive way for UK and EU markets (US markets may not respond as well).

The markets are already priced for brexit taking place and does not expect it to be rescinded (Tories have too large a majority so however bad the Russian report it will make no difference).
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Brexit is a done (no)deal - pandemic reset everything to zero. if it was possible to have a referendum on Brexit without pandemic or Pandemic without Brexit then 90% will vote Brexit

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        No, because your opinion reveals a childlike understanding of the world.
        It's a desperation. He needs something to happen to cause a crash as he's bet against the market doing well.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
          It's a desperation. He needs something to happen to cause a crash as he's bet against the market doing well.
          It’s either the world gets an ultimate stock market destroying disaster OR he loses his 10 dollar bet, for Pooper it’s a no brainer choice

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Wouldn't rescinding brexit be a boost to the markets? Less cash tied up in extra red tape, better/larger markets for both UK and EU companies to trade in. So yes, could be fireworks, but in a positive way for UK and EU markets (US markets may not respond as well).

The markets are already priced for brexit taking place and does not expect it to be rescinded (Tories have too large a majority so however bad the Russian report it will make no difference).

Quite the opposite - just confirms the UK is a basket case which dances to the tune of Russian money.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Quite the opposite - just confirms the UK is a basket case which dances to the tune of Russian money.
              Meh .... I couldn't give 2 hoots. I don't have my life savings tied up in a bet that is going against me

Comment

My collateral is eroding on my put, I reckon in 4-6 months it'll all be gone if the market doesn't go belly up before then.
                https://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/08/09/remain-solvent

The trickiest part of putting your money into a bearish bet is the timing. You can be right that a market or sector is overvalued but wrong on the timing. That’s essentially what economist John Maynard Keynes meant when he said, “The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.”
                Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
                  https://quoteinvestigator.com/2011/08/09/remain-solvent

The trickiest part of putting your money into a bearish bet is the timing. You can be right that a market or sector is overvalued but wrong on the timing. That’s essentially what economist John Maynard Keynes meant when he said, “The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent.”
                  Crypto is a classic example. It's utterly worthless, but for how long will people keep punting it onto to the next greed driven punter, before it goes the way of the tulip?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    Crypto is a classic example. It's utterly worthless, but for how long will people keep punting it onto to the next greed driven punter, before it goes the way of the tulip?
                    It will go pop once quantum computing takes off

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Definitely echos of the dot.com bubble .... pumping cash into a worthless asset because of FOMO

Comment

Working...
                      X