• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    If nothing happens this summer and life continues as like the year before, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. But consider this, even if the disease was gone tomorrow and we had full employment, and everyone had ample cash in their pockets - it would take at least a year, minimum, to get the US back to the economic condition it was in a few years ago. And that was before the US started pi$$ing off its largest trading partner, China.
    I see your bedtime stories are perfectly aligned, as usual...

Like how you assume the 'current affairs' / the economy are somehow connected to the stock market.

Comment

If nothing happens this summer and life continues as like the year before, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
        I see your bedtime stories are perfectly aligned, as usual...

One is about the market popping (black swan) and the other is about the continuous rise of the market supported by central madness, which is nothing to do with the current affairs.

Nice try though.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

One is about the market popping (black swan) and the other is about the continuous rise of the market supported by central madness, which is nothing to do with the current affairs.

Nice try though.

Comment

Nice try though.
            The market popping is not a black swan event - please go and read what a black swan event is, or preferably read the book, before stating such waffle.
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

A black swan event is something happening no one saw coming (except for Bill gates).

It is natural then for folks to conclude the sell offs in the stock market are somehow related. Another way to think if it, were the stock market heavily undervalued, taxes / interest rates supper high, and we just came out of a recession a year ago - this black swan would not have made a fart worth of difference - and you know. The banks would then be in a position to lower rate, the government taxes whilst retaining some value in the currency without printing it.

The reason why markets are dangerous is the same reason it was 2 - 3 - 8 - 12 years ago - debt. Debt has been allowed to reach levels normally expected in a time of crisis - but we've never had it better over the last 20 years. Then along comes a crisis - and suddenly it is the reason why the market is in danger of collapsing rather than because it is has been inflated beyond the moon.

I welcome when reason returns to the species I really do.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

A black swan event is something happening no one saw coming (except for Bill gates).

It is natural then for folks to conclude the sell offs in the stock market are somehow related. Another way to think if it, were the stock market heavily undervalued, taxes / interest rates supper high, and we just came out of a recession a year ago - this black swan would not have made a fart worth of difference - and you know. The banks would then be in a position to lower rate, the government taxes whilst retaining some value in the currency without printing it.

The reason why markets are dangerous is the same reason it was 2 - 3 - 8 - 12 years ago - debt. Debt has been allowed to reach levels normally expected in a time of crisis - but we've never had it better over the last 20 years. Then along comes a crisis - and suddenly it is the reason why the market is in danger of collapsing rather than because it is has been inflated beyond the moon.

I welcome when reason returns to the species I really do.
                How can you claim the market crashing is a black swan event then given you keep calling it? FFS, dim is an understatement for you.

Here's a simple definition of a black swan event.

high-profile, hard-to-predict, and rare events that are beyond the realm of normal expectations in history, science, finance, and technology.
                Stock markets dropping are high profile, I'll give you that, but clearly not hard to predict as you do so every week! And they are certainly NOT beyond the realms of normal expectations in history.

As I've tried to explain to you before, the stock market dropping is NOT the black swan. The pandemic is NOT the black swan (many scientists have been predicting a pandemic, even a coronavirus, for years). The black swan event is world leaders closing down their economies en-mass, closing borders, in country lockdowns. THIS is the black swan - no one predicted it. It's certainly high profile and is not a normal event.

Come on boy ... please learn something if you're going to quote it
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Looks like it's finally happening:

Stock Market Crash 2020: Welcome To The End Game | Zero Hedge

This isn't a ZH authored article - it's a reprint of this article from a 3rd party propaganda and disinfo site so probably fake news:

Stock Market Crash 2020: Welcome To The End Game

Fill yer boots!
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                    Looks like it's finally happening:

Stock Market Crash 2020: Welcome To The End Game | Zero Hedge

This isn't a ZH authored article - it's a reprint of this article from a 3rd party propaganda and disinfo site so probably fake news:

Stock Market Crash 2020: Welcome To The End Game

Fill yer boots!
                    a crash happens when nobody is expecting it.
                    As long as there are people predicting crash it will not happen

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
                      a crash happens when nobody is expecting it.
                      As long as there are people predicting crash it will not happen
                      So, when scoots stops predicting a crash, sell sell sell!
                      Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Working...
                      X