• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
    Words fail me. Your ego is refusing you let you believe you are not infallible.

But, it looks like you've not long graduated (unless you've not had a loss for decades since your "course") so immaturity, naivety and that sometimes dangerous youthful sense of invincibility are probably in the mix too.
    Not only that.. when I look in the mirror I'm like 'you the man' and my farts smell like Channel no. 5
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      You still haven't answered the core question: why stay invested in stocks if your "probability" indicates that you'd get better returns elsewhere? And if you "probability" doesn't not tell you that, why aren't you averaging-down in those stocks rather than invest elsewhere?
      Who says I'm invested in stocks? Do you read the posts?! Only one stock exposure at the minute.

There's always going to be greener grass out there. That's not the point. The point is to make money. When the Prb of further loss is ~<0.1, I'll take a position and vice versa when that Prb crosses down from 0.9 to 0.8.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by DealorNoDeal View Post
        If you only ever sell winners, and hold on to losers...

...eventually you'll end up with a portfolio of losers.

If you're always thinking you lose, that's what you'll do. You should believe in yourself once in a while. You're amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post
          They're 'long term investments' in junk.
          It would be interesting to know what he's holding that is in the red.

Altcoins, stock market shorts?
          Scoots still says that Apr 2020 didn't mark the start of a new stock bull market.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            If you're always thinking you lose, that's what you'll do. You should believe in yourself once in a while. You're amazing.
            You're a fantasist. But hey, whatever makes you happy
            I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              If you're always thinking you win, then you're behaving emotionally by worrying about sunk costs, and you're harming your own economic interests by holding assets that a rational person would sell.

Comment

Pooper probably “invests” into tulipcoin based pyramid schemes (AKA HYIPs)

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Pooper probably “invests” into tulipcoin based pyramid schemes (AKA HYIPs)
                  It's interesting as he's always going on about the markets, yet claims he doing trade in stocks (apart from Centrica). So, apart from his bitcoin thingies, what does he trade in? We know it's not commodities as in a recent post he didn't know the difference between a commodity and the stock of a company that trades in commodities.

I'm calling this is what he trades in ......

I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
                    It's interesting as he's always going on about the markets, yet claims he doing trade in stocks (apart from Centrica). So, apart from his bitcoin thingies, what does he trade in? We know it's not commodities as in a recent post he didn't know the difference between a commodity and the stock of a company that trades in commodities.

I'm calling this is what he trades in ......

He trades in lies.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      He trades in lies.
                      Fantasies are not lies

Comment

Working...
                      X