• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
    Tim Martin told his staff to go and find jobs in Tesco's and told them he wouldn't cover their wages until furlough payments came through. There was a huge outcry and he backed down. It seems some folks haven't forgotten.

Can't imagine you have a local 'Spoon where you are - there's one in Warminster and that's it AFAIK.

Anyhow Stella at £2.80 a pint and it's not watered down?
    Ah, ok, thanks ...

There is indeed one in Warminster, never been in though, tend to go into Costas instead. Must be popular though given the half dozen mobility scooters parked outside each morning. Warminster itself has the potential to be nice but like many high streets is quite run down. If it wasn't for my tattooist being there, and our opticians, I'd have no need to go there!

You seem to know the area well, where do you live? Or are you just stalking me
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
      Martin is a dick, but watering down beer would be a huge hassle. They're just good at buying, selling and operating costs.
      He is a hard nosed businessmen, cutting costs like Ryanair never will - probably buying it already watered down, to save on water costs, plus probably pays less beer duty since it’s diluted - allegedly

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        ... Must be popular though given the half dozen mobility scooters parked outside each morning. ...
        Cheap breakfasts...

Has anyone seen Whorty and Excursion UK in the same room at the same time?

Comment

Ebsolutley not

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Cheap breakfasts...

EUK is a low IQ Gricerbot, so you won't see it in the same room as anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              Martin is a dick, but watering down beer would be a huge hassle. They're just good at buying, selling and operating costs.
              Yep, bulk buyer discounts - that's why Tesco could charge a lot less than they do and others wouldn't be able to compete.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                I get the feeling Excursion has been watching me in a room
                I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                  Yep, bulk buyer discounts - that's why Tesco could charge a lot less than they do and others wouldn't be able to compete.
                  IIRC, Spoons try to buy short shelf-life beer at a discount. Maybe that's an urban myth.

Comment

Ah, ok, thanks ...

There is indeed one in Warminster, never been in though, tend to go into Costas instead. Must be popular though given the half dozen mobility scooters parked outside each morning. Warminster itself has the potential to be nice but like many high streets is quite run down. If it wasn't for my tattooist being there, and our opticians, I'd have no need to go there!

You should check out the one in Yeo-vile. They're in there downing pints at 8am and possibly earlier.

Warminster used to be super rough because all the squaddies from the neighbouring camps would come in and locals would accuse them of "nicking our birds". You know the rest... Suffice to say that the bouncers on the doors of pubs there always sported an impressive array of shiners.

Best thing about it now is Thai Rice. Nom Nom.

I'm in Kent. Bromley but temporarily - looking after my sister post lockdown. Somewhere up on the Mendip Hills rest of the time but a Frome lad originally.

Comment

Bought some AMD shares for some seriously dirty spekulation

Comment

Working...
                      X