• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

stock market crash

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Another down phase, could be some good opportunities ahead.
    I think a slow grinding bear market now, the good opportunities could be 2 years away. I am as qualified as anyone else to make that call, in other words a complete guess. But I think the fallout is going to be big and long lasting, no business as usual any time soon. If you are plucking pennies from in front of the steamroller then some opportunities yes !

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
      I think a slow grinding bear market now, the good opportunities could be 2 years away. I am as qualified as anyone else to make that call, in other words a complete guess. But I think the fallout is going to be big and long lasting, no business as usual any time soon. If you are plucking pennies from in front of the steamroller then some opportunities yes !
      Possibly, there are several scenarios, you need a strategy that means you win in all cases. i.e. invest some now for the U shaped recovery and hold back for the L scenario. China is currently on track for a U shaped recovery, it remains to be seen whether Europe achieves that.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        39p bought in at 35.5p = gain

You know what I mean by losses don't you?
        You previously said you bought at 36p. Are you rewriting history again?

Comment

you need a strategy that means you win in all cases. i.e. invest some now for the U shaped recovery and hold back for the L scenario.
          You need a strategy that means you SURVIVE in all cases. That is my exact strategy

But it's cost me a fortune in stamp duty and trading fees by changing how much goes in each pot by the day.

Comment

I was listening to the CEO of Merck whose company developed an Ebola vaccine within 4 years, he's pretty optimistic that a vaccine could be there within a year as there are many times the resources dedicated to this.

That needs to be factored in....
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

You need a strategy that means you SURVIVE in all cases. That is my exact strategy

But it's cost me a fortune in stamp duty and trading fees by changing how much goes in each pot by the day.
              indeed, preservation of capital and keep invested

I'm alright Jack

Comment

I was listening to the CEO of Merck whose company developed an Ebola vaccine within 4 years, he's pretty optimistic that a vaccine could be there within a year as there are many times the resources dedicated to this.

That needs to be factored in....
                A year is a long time for semi shutdown, I don't the UK can print money to prop things up for more than a few months. South Korea appear to have it sussed on telly last night but it was a BBC report

Comment

Snatch your pennies from in front of that steamroller quick !
                  No chance Mr Bear. Just warming up here...

I don't care what the end price is, as long as I make more gain in the least amount of time than ATW's multi year hold on his $19 AMD buy in.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I think a slow grinding bear market now, the good opportunities could be 2 years away.
                    Chee... I wonder if someone else here said that..
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
                      You previously said you bought at 36p. Are you rewriting history again?

Rounding up scientific notation is now in the national interest. Proper daily wail stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X