• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will diesels be banned in city centers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

The Alfa is a very nice car. The Maserati - meh, had a few "upgrades" at Sixt AGP to Maserati saloons and they were awful.

Comment

So a 2.9l that is 0-60 in 3.9sec is out for being a tiny engined slouch?
      The 50-70 is probably more relevant.

In reality he needs a torquey diesel to pull his caravan.

Comment

Long distance tourers:

https://www.carthrottle.com/post/the...bmw-wont-make/

https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-re...e-2017-review/

Audi RS6 Review | Auto Express
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

So a 2.9l that is 0-60 in 3.9sec is out for being a tiny engined slouch?
          I already said I don't focus on details so yes your 3litre would fit the bill

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

the Mrs won't allow a caravan or i'd have one, we stay in apartments or hotels, booking.com is our holiday friend

Milan.

Comment

Why not have a battle...
              Battle : Stelvio Quadrifoglio vs SQ7 TDi vs Levante S vs Cayenne II S Diesel
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

nah it's got to be a SUV higher / height

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by clearedforlanding View Post

you're right though it is the overtaking acceleration I am interested in rather than being the first out of the traffic lights
                  Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    Lance, when you grow out of short trousers you'll find that a Q7 is a very practical car for away days and holidays.

Out of curiosity, in this price range, for a family of four, which comfortable long distance tourer would you buy for
                    away days and holidays ?

Milan.
                    I have a 10 year old Discovery 3. Highly recommended. When chipped it goes like the wind.
                    Next sensible car is likely to be a Range Rover Vogue 5.0 V8 Supercharged.

I don't buy new as I prefer someone else to pay for devaluation. Repair bills cost less.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
                      I have a 10 year old Discovery 3. Highly recommended. When chipped it goes like the wind.
                      Next sensible car is likely to be a Range Rover Vogue 5.0 V8 Supercharged.

I don't buy new as I prefer someone else to pay for devaluation. Repair bills cost less.

you are indeed very brave Lance in more ways than one

buying premium cars out of manufacturer's warranty would scare me to death - brother-in-law just had 9grands worth of warranty work done on his 5GT, needed the xdrive central differential/clutch replaced !

secondly, JLR, I grew up in the sticks, and aside of plans to own a series 3 and a tdi300 90 one day (and maybe an XJS), I would touch JLR products with a barge pole

I buy new and pay for the extension to the manufacturer's warranty !

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X