• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Faith in the country again!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SallyAnne
    Like you just did?
    I wouln't want to live in a communism myself, I'd much rather work hard and get rewards. I can however see why some people get all teary eyed over it.

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
      "It never works in real life because the people at the top are always too selfish and greedy for it ever to work"

I must take issue with this Sally Ann. Communism does not work because human nature does not allow it to. It is not just the people at the top that prevent its success it is people in general. The whole of humanity would have to be totally selfless for communism ever to work and this will never happen. And, while we're on the subject, why should a doctor who has studied for up to 10 years and dedicated his life to helping others have the same standard of living as someone who was too lazy to work at school and can't be bothered to better themselves as an adult? The ideal of everyone being equal encourages the lazy, weak spongers to accept what is offered whilst putting in the minimum of effort and it discourages the potentially successfull from working to their full potential as they know they will get no reward. Basically it drags everyone down to the lowest common denominator
      I agree with you!!! Never said I was a communist!

Jeez - you lot go off like a two bob watch sometimes!
      The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy

And, Sal, on a more personal and direct note, would you consider giving more of your earnings to charity ? That would be more inline with your beliefs perhaps ...

I do as it happens, not that thats anyones business.

And it really as nothing to do with loving Bily Bragg now does it?!
        The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
          SallyAnne, if you were in a communist state you would've been shot for eating all the pies!

Dont you start with me again woofter!
          The pope is a tard.

Comment

I do as it happens, not that thats anyones business.
            Oh please! If you do, you could've just kept your mouth shut.

Comment

""Billy Bragg has been using communist immagery and went on communist government supported tours of those countries when they existed eg: (East Germany). He has never once apologised for the support he gave to governments that imprisoned, tourtured and killed political opponents, and who ran a system where anyone trying to escape who be shot on sight, and the soldier doing so would be rewarded. (remember the wall?)

Billy Bragg liked to play the idea that both sides were morally equivalent during the cold war, yet, anybody taking the same position in the Eastern block would have been locked up. He is simply another mindless apologist for a brutal system (that we can never really appreciate) which denied the fundatmental right to criticise the government, he is just lucky he was on the right [sic] side of the wall to do what he did.""

My issue is with your description of what you think communism is, and the fact that you think Billy Bragg knows tulip, and questioning how aligned your beliefs are, when you are living proof of liberal democracy.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                Oh please! If you do, you could've just kept your mouth shut.

I give blood too - its the same thing to me, if I can do either I will. And I'm not ashamed of saying either.
                The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
                  ""Billy Bragg has been using communist immagery and went on communist government supported tours of those countries when they existed eg: (East Germany). He has never once apologised for the support he gave to governments that imprisoned, tourtured and killed political opponents, and who ran a system where anyone trying to escape who be shot on sight, and the soldier doing so would be rewarded. (remember the wall?)

Billy Bragg liked to play the idea that both sides were morally equivalent during the cold war, yet, anybody taking the same position in the Eastern block would have been locked up. He is simply another mindless apologist for a brutal system (that we can never really appreciate) which denied the fundatmental right to criticise the government, he is just lucky he was on the right [sic] side of the wall to do what he did.""

My issue is with your description of what you think communism is, and the fact that you think Billy Bragg knows tulip, and questioning how aligned your beliefs are, when you are living proof of liberal democracy.

Hey Lucy - I didn't come on here to fight with YOU today!

Have as many issues as you like lass, I dont really care!
                  The pope is a tard.

Comment

I give blood too - its the same thing to me, if I can do either I will. And I'm not ashamed of saying either.
                    Aren't you the goody two shoes?

Chico might let you into his church!

Comment

Hey Lucy - I didn't come on here to fight with YOU today!

Have as many issues as you like lass, I dont really care!
                      I'm not fighting with you Sal.

To me, this is just a debate, you offered a point of view, I've questioned it. Nothing more.

Comment

Working...
                      X