• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Faith in the country again!"

Collapse

• Lucy
    replied
    No, I am not Dutch.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucy
    My problem with Mr Bragg is his use of celebrity to promote his twatty politics, I just cannot support someone who has been an instrument of horrific governments.

I used to be a fan of U2, and I still like their music, I just can't bear Bono's bleating. (Mr I have a personal fortune inexcess of £250M, and YOU should be giving to charity, whilst I move my business out of Ireland to save tax) Bono = Bollockbrain.
    As someone who has lived in Africa, I can tell you that an awful of charity money gets squandered. Meanwhile the leaders of many countries there have vast reserves of personal wealth (read billions apiece), normally parked abroad for the rainy day when there's a coup.

PS. Referring to a couple of earlier posts, you're not Dutch by any chance?Feel free to PM me on that if you don't want to answer publicly.

PPS. I never even liked U2's music. Thinking back to the original Live Aid concert, there were some fans holding a large U2 banner up close to the stage, cameras on them for the full event. I felt then that U2 had probably paid someone to do that for free publicity out of a charitable event.

Sysman in cynical mode
    Last edited by Sysman; 4 December 2006, 22:05.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    What, the best "ramblings of an idiot" thread?

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Has anyone voted for this as their "most entertaining thread"?

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    I doubt that anyone who commits a crime, seriously believes they will get caught.

Going to prison is not a choice.

nothing to see here

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    Not a support of communism but IMHO we don't live under democracy in this country, and any ruling elite act pretty much the same be it under communism, capitalism or mixed

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco
    My god you really are into communism in a big way aren't you SA
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    *Lucy rips out own hair*

Im just saying, most people dont even bother voting! And dont really care whats dished out to them anyway.

again, I'm not saying this is what I want to happen to us, or to anywhee else in the world, but I could see a time when people may choose to live in such a society.

Thats all

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    SallyAnne is Chico and I claim my crisp unsullied, non-communist fiver!

Leave a comment:

• PerlOfWisdom
    replied
    Originally posted by SallyAnne
    And if you're talking about political freedom...well I'd like to know how many people in this country alone would even care if they lost that right!
    Those who believe that their 1/40,000,000th say in which one of 2 people decides how the country should be run will make a difference.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    And if you're talking about political freedom...well I'd like to know how many people in this country alone would even care if they lost that right!
    My god you really are into communism in a big way aren't you SA

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied

*Lucy rips out own hair*

Leave a comment:

• Lucy
    replied
    No, but committing the crime is a choice isn't it?

And they're choosing to possibly give up their freedom for a return which they see as a more beneficial option.
    I doubt that anyone who commits a crime, seriously believes they will get caught.

Going to prison is not a choice.

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    That isn't what I meant.

(Since when is going to prison a choice ?)

This might help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_%28political%29

Leave a comment:

• SallyAnne
    replied
    That isn't what I meant.

(Since when is going to prison a choice ?)

This might help.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_%28political%29

No, but committing the crime is a choice isn't it?

And they're choosing to possibly give up their freedom for a return which they see as a more beneficial option.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X