• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trump cans London visit

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump cans London visit

Donald Trump cancels February visit to UK - BBC News

anyone have any use for a crate of dodgy tomato's and a few dozen rotten eggs??

CUK discount available

I bet all the workers and the ambassador are overjoyed to be relocating from mayfair to battersea.

Comment

Is there a new mental hospital that he can open in 2018?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Is there a new mental hospital that he can open in 2018?
        Yes, there's one at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

But what about the trade deal? The special beautiful trade deal?

The EU must be peeing themselves.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            But what about the trade deal? The special beautiful trade deal?

The EU must be peeing themselves.
            I think thats the only reason for a state visit. Negotiate a great trade deal. Say he can sign it on a full state visit. Give him all the bells and whistles - Liz and Phil have sucked up to worse.

Comment

Ich gehe nicht südlich des Flusses

Comment

world's ultimate snowflake and source/spreader of fake news.
                Always wanting to blame others, doesn't care if he gets it wrong, it's still always someone else's fault, tries to distract from his own failings and has a poor grasp of diplomacy, intelligence, ethics, morals, etc.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I'm trying to work out who is the liar here, the blonde bombshell:

The president claimed on Twitter that the reason for calling off the trip was his displeasure at Barack Obama having sold the current embassy for “peanuts” and built a replacement for $1bn (£750m). “Bad deal,” he wrote.

Reason I canceled my trip to London is that I am not a big fan of the Obama Administration having sold perhaps the best located and finest embassy in London for “peanuts,” only to build a new one in an off location for 1.2 billion dollars. Bad deal. Wanted me to cut ribbon-NO!

But the embassy’s plan to move from Mayfair to Nine Elms in London was first reported in October 2008, when George W Bush was still president.
                  Or the gurning idiot:

Mr Farage said: “It’s disappointing. He’s been to countries all over the world and yet he’s not been to the one with whom he’s closest. I think it’s disappointing.

“Maybe just maybe Sadiq Khan, Jeremy Corbyn and the Labour party planning mass protests, maybe those optics he didn’t like the look of.”
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

This is not the State visit though - this was just a ribbon-cutting one...

Comment

Working...
                    X