• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flouncing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    How can you tell how many you've had?
    Personally I can only see my last 5.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      You even admit that you use your position to gaslight suity ( which isn't hard and we all do it) but that is exactly what I am talking about. When a mod does it resentment builds in the poster against the board.

I'm guessing Suity and zeity must have had something like 100k posts between them now and they are gone.
      50K. We could up that by mass undeleting Zeity's posts, but that would be most churlish.

In suity's early days, I teased him as he seemed obsessed with me having a vendetta against him, and couldn't figure out I was taking the piss by, e.g. changing my avatar to V for Vendetta. Eventually we sorted it out (not long after this post from 2010), and he is still here. https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...oing-perm.html

I know that Zeity left because he took umbrage at me. I implied I thought he was a bigot. He called me a twat. I did not hound him, and in fact quite liked him as a poster. He got one infraction from me back in 2012, and has never been banned. He did not leave due my moderation activities. He left, ostensibly, because my thread postings he found personally too offensive to cope with any longer.

Sorry ministrone, the narrative you are trying to create does not fit the facts.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        In suity's early days, I teased him as he seemed obsessed with me having a vendetta against him, and couldn't figure out I was taking the piss by, e.g. changing my avatar to V for Vendetta. Eventually we sorted it out (not long after this post from 2010), and he is still here. https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...oing-perm.html

I know that Zeity left because he took umbrage at me. I implied I thought he was a bigot. He called me a twat. I did not hound him, and in fact quite liked him as a poster. He got one infraction from me back in 2012, and has never been banned. He did not leave due my moderation activities. He left, ostensibly, because my thread postings he found personally too offensive to cope with any longer.

Sorry ministrone, the narrative you are trying to create does not fit the facts.
        So Basically you chased Zeity off the site. Resign! Resign you twat!!!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post
          norks?
          You should be banned because no one wants small norks.

Comment

I disagree. My contention has always been the facts are the post numbers which are affected.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              ...but something happened a couple of years ago that created massive division on the forum, and the fallout from that stifled a lot of friendlier discussion and will do for years to come.
              Was that when you became a moderator?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

I've just checked all Churchill's posts for which he was banned over the years. Only in 3 out of 15 have the posts been removed. The rest of the time, they were edited. Here's his first ban: https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...tml#post372015
                I miss ferret
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Was that when you became a moderator?
                  No, but it was partly as a result of that, which caused Admin to ask me to become one.
                  If I'd realise the amount of grief that a limited number of posters like to cause the moderators on here, while never adding anything of value to the forum, I might have reconsidered the offer.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    No, but it was partly as a result of that, which caused Admin to ask me to become one.
                    If I'd realise the amount of grief that a limited number of posters like to cause the moderators on here, while never adding anything of value to the forum, I might have reconsidered the offer.

If it helps - my opinion of you has not changed from before you were a moderator to now
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

If it helps - my opinion of you has not changed from before you were a moderator to now
                      Damn. Wrong winking emoji.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Working...
                      X