• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Farepak related fun

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy
    While I feel very sorry for these people, I'm appalled by the fact that someone who obviously has a low income is borrowing 1200 quid to fund Christmas!!
    Tis the way of the world now. The definition of poverty now seems to be "can't afford a 40 inch TV".

The sad thing is that there are some people who really are poor, who can't afford to put food on the table for their kids. But people like me have little sympathy for "poverty campaigns" because we see far too many people on benefits buying things that we choose not to buy because they are too expensive. No-one needs to spend 1500 quid on a TV FFS, but all the chavs do.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by tim123
      No-one needs to spend 1500 quid on a TV FFS, but all the chavs do.

tim
      Couldn't agree more. Mobile phones and Sky-HD are not a right.

Comment

Maybe they have 10 kids in the family.

Then again £150 per head presents on Xmas sounds fairly wealthy.

Comment

No-one needs to spend 1500 quid on a TV FFS, but all the chavs do.

tim
          And they borrow the dosh from Provident(or similar) and are still paying for it when it blows up. Debt cycle perpetuates etc.

Depressing .............
          +50 Xeno Geek Points
          Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
          As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Tis the way of the world now. The definition of poverty now seems to be "can't afford a 40 inch TV".

The sad thing is that there are some people who really are poor, who can't afford to put food on the table for their kids. But people like me have little sympathy for "poverty campaigns" because we see far too many people on benefits buying things that we choose not to buy because they are too expensive. No-one needs to spend 1500 quid on a TV FFS, but all the chavs do.

tim
            hey I'm not a chav!

Comment

Originally posted by boredsenseless
              hey I'm not a chav!
              Not if you've actually got 1500 quid to spend on a TV
              +50 Xeno Geek Points
              Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
              As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                directors who knew about problems should certainly be criminally liable for continuing to "trade": I think some of them paid themselves big dividends very close to collapse.
                and with customers paying in advance by installments over months, in what amounted to a savings scheme, that money should have gone into a client account so it would be protected.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot
                  and with customers paying in advance by installments over months, in what amounted to a savings scheme, that money should have gone into a client account so it would be protected.
                  You mean like a bank?

Comment

Working...
                  X