• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Snowflakes teaching snowflakes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Does DS1 go to a normal school or one for special educational needs?
    Presently a normal school. But that continuing is more and more unlikely. As he gets older, it is more and more obvious he's not the full shilling.

Mrs MF presented to me a special school this morning :-(. I'm hoping he'll grow out of it.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Presently a normal school. But that continuing is more and more unlikely. As he gets older, it is more and more obvious he's not the full shilling.

Mrs MF presented to me a special school this morning :-(. I'm hoping he'll grow out of it.
      Time cures alot of these things.

Having a TA is cheaper than a special school and that can help alot too.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Time cures alot of these things.

Having a TA is cheaper than a special school and that can help alot too.

Sorry Brillo, not sure why Tits & Arse is cheaper, but I bow down to your experience

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Sorry Brillo, not sure why Tits & Arse is cheaper, but I bow down to your experience
          It’s a teaching assistant mate. And finding a school that would allow you to subsidize one is cheaper (difficult but probably not imposssible) all round than a private school
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            It’s a teaching assistant mate. And finding a school that would allow you to subsidize one is cheaper (difficult but probably not imposssible) all round than a private school
            Yeah we’ll find something hey!!

I have to live with this.

He stands still and then starts to scream, just like this. I really don’t know what the fook is going on.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=qtYmtQfzueM

It’s breaking my heart :-(

Comment

As others have said, teachers working stupid hours for a salary that most would think is beneath them. My wife is a primary teacher, and is currently dealing with mentally deranged parents, lying parents, childish parents, etc. The kid's are the relatively easy but. Oh, then there is Ofsted.

PIAP, go volunteer at a school for a few days, or **** off.

MF, and I can't believe I'm saying this, my heart goes out to you. Luckily, I don't have autistic kids, but known well a couple of families with difficult kids like this. They've tried a number of state run schools but have now found a brilliant school that caters for the kids needs brilliantly.
              Beer
              is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
              Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Surely teaching is one of those careers that the longer you stick with it, the easier the planning and delivery gets.

Re-use of previously prepared lesson plans?

He just needed time to get into the swing of copy n pasta.

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
                  Surely teaching is one of those careers that the longer you stick with it, the easier the planning and delivery gets.

It would.

Except every change of Education Secretary with their fecking ideas and every change of government with their fecking agenda leading to constant curriculum changes.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post

He just needed time to get into the swing of copy n pasta.
                    This is correct but also a little naive. You get to be able to reuse and tweak rather than create from scratch but marking, grading, reporting etc. is the same. You are also expected to take on more responsibility each year. You can coast after a few years but if you want to properly help and nurture the kids (like Mrs MUN does, actually she also helps and nurtures her colleagues too!) there is always more and more to do.
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by Coalman View Post
                      As others have said, teachers working stupid hours for a salary that most would think is beneath them. My wife is a primary teacher, and is currently dealing with mentally deranged parents, lying parents, childish parents, etc. The kid's are the relatively easy but. Oh, then there is Ofsted.

PIAP, go volunteer at a school for a few days, or **** off.

MF, and I can't believe I'm saying this, my heart goes out to you. Luckily, I don't have autistic kids, but known well a couple of families with difficult kids like this. They've tried a number of state run schools but have now found a brilliant school that caters for the kids needs brilliantly.
                      No and No.

You see, your insult illustrates the sense of entitlement some teachers have that they think justifies their continual threats of industrial action.

They get 13 weeks holiday - that's 3 months so they only work 9 months of the year.

I work bloody hard too and currently spend five hours a day commuting with none of the benefits teachers get.

Sometimes life is tough.
                      Last edited by Pip in a Poke; 7 November 2017, 10:48.

Comment

Working...
                      X