• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

world faces antibiotic apocalypse

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    TB wasn't eliminated in the west. There was always a pool of it. Very little (if anything) to do with immigration - except in the minds of the more bigoted and ignorant.
    You mean bigoted and ignorant like The British Medical Journal

Most cases of tuberculosis (73% in 2009) in the UK occur in people born outside the country
    Rates of tuberculosis in the UK now exceed those in all other Western countries except Spain and Portugal, where, in contrast to the UK, rates are falling The key difference is the geographical origin of migrants. A greater proportion of UK migrants are from countries with a high prevalence of tuberculosis such as the Indian subcontinent and sub-Saharan Africa.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny View Post
      You mean bigoted and ignorant like The British Medical Journal
      Does the article state their TB is antibiotic-resistant? I've not seen in what you quoted.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

TB wasn't eliminated in the west. There was always a pool of it. Very little (if anything) to do with immigration - except in the minds of the more bigoted and ignorant.
        Indeed.

There's pools of green monkey disease, marburg virus, ebola, and all sorts of things.

The very idea that these things come from the Dark Continent is a vile canard of the highest order.

Oh.

And I forgot Lassa Fever.
        Last edited by zeitghost; 14 October 2017, 22:45.

Comment

The real killer will be Brexit.

Common sense resistant, we are truly doomed!!!

Comment

Intensively farmed meats and processed foods are the highest source of Antibiotics in our diets and probably the ones that are causing the most resistance problems.

However the point that is being badly made is the effect of immigration. No Immigrants do not create the super strains but world travel certainly helps to spread it. For instance one of the current Super Bugs is a Japanese fungus. That little bollock chewing bastard did not walk here on its own and it certainly can't book flights.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              Indeed.

There's pools of green monkey disease, marburg virus, ebola, and all sorts of things.

The very idea that these things come from the Dark Continent is a vile canard of the highest order.

Oh.

And I forgot Lassa Fever.
              Right... because Green Monkey Disease, Marburg Virus, Ebola and Lassa Fever, being viruses (there's even a clue in one of the disease names) have everything to do with bacteria acquiring resistance to antibiotics.

You are a case in point. Exemplifying the rank stupidity that is causing the "antibiotic apocalypse". Not only are you unable to understand what the thread is about (clue: it's not immigration bringing certain diseases into the rest of the world), but don't even understand the difference between bacterial and viral disease, and which of those antibiotics are designed to treat.

Do you go to your doctor demanding penicillin when you've got a cold?
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
                Intensively farmed meats and processed foods are the highest source of Antibiotics in our diets and probably the ones that are causing the most resistance problems.

However the point that is being badly made is the effect of immigration. No Immigrants do not create the super strains but world travel certainly helps to spread it. For instance one of the current Super Bugs is a Japanese fungus. That little bollock chewing bastard did not walk here on its own and it certainly can't book flights.
                And the fact is anyone who travels abroad, including the idiots blaming immigrants, or gets products from abroad, even if you don't know it, like garden plants can be moving a super strain around the globe.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Right... because Green Monkey Disease, Marburg Virus, Ebola and Lassa Fever, being viruses (there's even a clue in one of the disease names) have everything to do with bacteria acquiring resistance to antibiotics.

You are a case in point. Exemplifying the rank stupidity that is causing the "antibiotic apocalypse". Not only are you unable to understand what the thread is about (clue: it's not immigration bringing certain diseases into the rest of the world), but don't even understand the difference between bacterial and viral disease, and which of those antibiotics are designed to treat.

Do you go to your doctor demanding penicillin when you've got a cold?
                  No, you politically correct twat, I don't.

I know they're viruses.

I also know they all originate in Africa.

HTH.

Comment

I also originate from Africa. I must be a health hazard, too? 🦁
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      It's your own fault for eating meat, fruit and veg, eating and drinking anything with water in it, breathing and shagging.
                      Ah that old catch 22.

Cause of death? Life.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X