• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SQL placeholders

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow Joe, that's great news.

So all anyone has to do to use Microsoft Biztalk with xls files is to resort to implementing their own custom adaptor?

That's so thoughtful of them not to put an obvious piece of functionality into their product. Hey let's let everyone reinvent the wheel! Why give any adaptors at all, feck, we'll all implement them in C#!!! It's fun and the project has all the time in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, what are the chances that anyone has data in xls files? It's not like you would expect Mictosoft Biztalk to be able to consume Microsoft XL files out of the box is it. No we'll resort to low level coding everything! More lines of code, that's the answer! I mean, testers are free and adding custom code can only be a good thing, right?

Thank goodness for Biztalk!

It's all so easy and "feature rich"!

Worth every penny of the £10,000 processor license!!!

Last edited by DimPrawn; 27 November 2006, 18:49.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      Worth every penny of the £10,000 processor license!!!
      And your invoice was for how much again...

Comment

I'm only adding about £100K to the cost of the project, so cheap.

Comment

Then paying a few grand for custom adapter should not be a problem then, perhaps you can sacrifice some of your fat threaded-like margin for that?

Comment

I'm not implementing it mate. A consultancy that charges £1500/day per developer is.

Makes my cost look like petty cash.

Comment

£1500 per day, it must hurt to pay income tax on that

Comment

The consultancy doesn't pay income tax on that. Probably all ends up in an company registered offshore, and a donation to New Labour ensures the tax man turns a blind eye. Get real. Income tax.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
                  Why give any adaptors at all, feck, we'll all implement them in C#!!! It's fun and the project has all the time in the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, what are the chances that anyone has data in xls files? It's not like you would expect Mictosoft Biztalk to be able to consume Microsoft XL files out of the box is it. No we'll resort to low level coding everything! More lines of code, that's the answer!
                  Speaking of which, not having used the latest Biz, what's the story with Orchestrations, since that was more a C flat with the 2004 version.

PS: Yes, on a major project I worked on we did indeed have to build everything, adaptors, pipeline components, custom calls from Orchestrations and even a replacement for the HAT.

Still, it was the word 'Biztalk' which managed to secure them the out of their league project in the first place.
                  Last edited by Joe Black; 27 November 2006, 19:29.

Comment

2006 is 2004 version with a bit of gloss. Same story.

Comment

Working...
                    X