• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jealousy - family etc

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

Number of times I've been called LUCKY. Pisses me right off.
    That's ridiculous. You're Welsh aren't you?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      My son is 22 and a shiit hot guitarist, i've posted his stuff here before, he can also look at musical notation and just play it.

And his mates go - 'It's not fair you can play guitar and read music, you're dead lucky...'

Err, what about studying it for yonks and practising scales for hours on end, days on end etc...

Totally...

should post a piano cover - into chasing cars at the minute - I believe Andy Warhol would say it's transcendent,
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
        Standard reply when permies moan about us contractors.

I tend to never come clean on how much I earn, downplaying it, after all I am on minimum wage technically.

Only time I've slipped up is when I had a break from contracting and upon returning needed to open a new Ltd and bank account. This was back when a Ltd needed more than 1 person, so I had my dad be company secretary. We went to the bank to open the company account and they wanted to see my contract I'd just secured. During the paperwork checks the bank account manager commented on the projected 3 month figure for the initial contract length, and my dad said in surprise "I wish I could earn that in 3 months". I didn't tell him that was relatively low as I was just getting back into it so wasn't waiting to land a bigger fish.
        If permies ask these days (and some are cheeky enough) I just say I'm not telling you but if you want a general idea take a look at jobserve.

My old mans worse (he is 83 mind). He was telling me the other day about my brothers new job - £100 a week which he said was good money. Brother was blagging him.
        Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Oh yes. Lucky there....
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            Totally...

should post a piano cover - into chasing cars at the minute - I believe Andy Warhol would say it's transcendent,
            oh, dear

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Wales is an amazingly beautiful country. And the people are lovely. As long as you don't mention you are English.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Wales is an amazingly beautiful country. And the people are lovely. As long as you don't mention you are English.
                Most English people have no problem in Wales. It's just you.

Comment

Or a quadrupedal, ruminant mammal generally kept for livestock.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                    Most English people have no problem in Wales. It's just you.
                    You have a problem with people everywhere.

I am lucky enough to have many Welsh friends. Including PC.....

Comment

You have a problem with people everywhere.
                      Only with cretins.

Comment

Working...
                      X