• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ignoring economics.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Stop avoiding the question.
    He isn't.

Our government agreed to be part of the EU. They could have decided while being part of it to not implement certain directives on trade, they decided they were happy to implement them.

They also decided quite recently to feck our steel workers (and others within the EU) over and blame it on the EU. Oddly Davis mentioned the latter in his recent speech....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      They also decided quite recently to feck our steel workers (and others within the EU) over and blame it on the EU. Oddly Davis mentioned the latter in his recent speech....
      How? Linky please as I think you've got that wrong...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

He isn't.

Our government agreed to be part of the EU. They could have decided while being part of it to not implement certain directives on trade, they decided they were happy to implement them.

Don't mind Mal. He thinks old Etonian Rees-Mogg is:

independently wealthy on the back of his own achievements.

Comment

I don't work in the public sector, and of course I can't or couldn't for a variety of reasons the most important being I'm the wrong sex and gender.
          You're a special kind of stupid.

Does the NHS know of these restrictions I wonder?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            How? Linky please as I think you've got that wrong...
            https://www.theguardian.com/politics...hinese-dumping

Typical UK, pull the strings in the EU and then blame the EU.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              You're a special kind of stupid.
              No that's just too intelligent for thick as mince brexiters like you.

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post

Does the NHS know of these restrictions I wonder?

Last time I checked Eton was only open to those who are biologically male and are boys. I am biologically female and was a girl when I was at school.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Giving the fact that the main function of the EU is (or at least used to be) economical/trade union, it's hardly a surprise that the main impact of leaving it is economical, but I will bite:

- Making it harder for EU nationals to come to the UK, will increase the number of non-EU migrants, often coming from with countries with much different culture, than the UK, putting a strain on the integration efforts which are already largely failing. EU countries cultures are much more similar to the UK. Any thoughts that quitting the EU will significantly reduce immigration is delusional, as it's "demanded" by the economy, it will only change the source countries.

- It will reduce the variety of goods of any kind available in the UK, as the likely import tariffs will make them uneconomical to import and we will be stuck with locally sourced varieties and such from the hand full of countries we will have FTAs with.

- For better or (more likely) worse, we will be stuck with the monkey brained idiots at Westminster forever. Now they will be able to destroy whatever little privacy has left in the UK without a check from the EU

The better question though is what are the benefits from leaving the EU? Just don't quote "taking back control/borders". What are the actual benefits for the average Brit and how are they measured against being made significantly poorer before Brexit has ever materialized.

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post

The better question though is what are the benefits from leaving the EU? Just don't quote "taking back control/borders". What are the actual benefits for the average Brit and how are they measured against being made significantly poorer before Brexit has ever materialized.
                  Perhaps after the total collapse of the economy things can only improve. When it is not possible to dig any lower. Of course 'them' will be claiming Brexit a resounding success by this point.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by sal View Post
                    Giving the fact that the main function of the EU is (or at least used to be) economical/trade union, it's hardly a surprise that the main impact of leaving it is economical, but I will bite:

- Making it harder for EU nationals to come to the UK, will increase the number of non-EU migrants, often coming from with countries with much different culture, than the UK, putting a strain on the integration efforts which are already largely failing. EU countries cultures are much more similar to the UK. Any thoughts that quitting the EU will significantly reduce immigration is delusional, as it's "demanded" by the economy, it will only change the source countries.

- It will reduce the variety of goods of any kind available in the UK, as the likely import tariffs will make them uneconomical to import and we will be stuck with locally sourced varieties and such from the hand full of countries we will have FTAs with.

- For better or (more likely) worse, we will be stuck with the monkey brained idiots at Westminster forever. Now they will be able to destroy whatever little privacy has left in the UK without a check from the EU

It will stop Turks coming to the UK now that Turkey has joined the EU.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                      It will stop Turks coming to the UK now that Turkey has joined the EU.
                      It's probably a sarcastic remark, but in case the devoted Brexit thickos don't catch it, so would have a NO vote on their membership application from the UK, last time I check it required unanimous vote. Only now that we won't have a vote they could get in easier and end up in the UK regardless after we inevitably join the EEA

Comment

Working...
                      X