• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Honda S2000

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forumbore
    Cannot wait for another 9 months when I can get the hood down.
    WTF ?

If you have a convertable you must have the roof down whenever possible.

Think not in terms of shall I have the roof down, but shall I have it up

on a side not I have a honda CRX (two seater), now if im on the moterway and it starts to rain (unexpedtedally) as long as im doing over 50 - 60mph then with the windows up the air flows in such a way to keep me dry. even in heavey rain

Now the problem is is if I hit a slow down I have to consider how wet i'll get waiting out the slowdown v how wet i'll get putting on the roof in the hard sholder.

Oh if only I had the version wit the electric roof... life would be so much easier...

Comment

Hmmm,

S2000
      Horsepower @ rpm 237 @ 7800
      Torque (lb.-ft. @ rpm) 162 @ 6800
      0-60 mph: 6.5 seconds
      Dunno the top speed

My 4 door 4 year old family runabout
      Horsepower @ rpm 354 @ 6100
      Torque (lb.-ft. @ rpm) 332 @ 4,400
      0-60 mph: 4.9 seconds
      Top speed limited to 250 kmh (unlimited 280kmh)

They're both about the same fuel economy wise as well.

I do like the Honda though
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
        3/ be carefull in the wet on roundabouts, it has no traction control, you will spin it if you are not careful
        The new ones do have traction control, plus the whole stability control nonsense.

5/ it's a very good motorway car, the seats are fantastic
        Really? Okay. I find they're pretty uncomfortable.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt
          Hmmm,

S2000
          Horsepower @ rpm 237 @ 7800
          Torque (lb.-ft. @ rpm) 162 @ 6800
          0-60 mph: 6.5 seconds
          Dunno the top speed

My 4 door 4 year old family runabout
          Horsepower @ rpm 354 @ 6100
          Torque (lb.-ft. @ rpm) 332 @ 4,400
          0-60 mph: 4.9 seconds
          Top speed limited to 250 kmh (unlimited 280kmh)

They're both about the same fuel economy wise as well.

I do like the Honda though
          hhhmmm that hardly sounds like a typical runabout, more like a 50k M3?
          Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi

Being a contractor who are generally too tight/sensible to spend silly money on new cars it will more than likely be a left hooker

Comment

most importnat thing is the colour
              Last edited by Paula; 24 November 2006, 20:56.
              Lick my Chutney Lollipop

Comment

Originally posted by Logie
                Are you serious? It's like sitting in a Bob The Builder ride outside the local Tesco.
                Agree with that: never quite had the right words to describe it until what you've said.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                  You did read the post - 4 doors. M3 has 2.
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Forumbore
                    Being a contractor who are generally too tight/sensible to spend silly money on new cars it will more than likely be a left hooker
                    Well seeing as I live in Germany then of course it'll be a left hooker. Mind you this week I'm commuting between Heathrow and Ewshot (M25 then M3) so if you see a black Merc with German plates (DA....) then that'll be me

Comment

Working...
                    X