• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The next car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    My area has some very high net worth individuals - some of whom have been pointed out to me or identified themselves. (The latter tend to be tossers.) However they are more likely to have a £10K push bike than a sports car.

thanks for that one Sue, yeah, useful to know

Anyway, back to the subject...

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      thanks for that one Sue, yeah, useful to know

Anyway, back to the subject...

Milan.
      Your thread is boring so talking about random tulip makes it more interesting especially when the random tulip has inferences to you.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Your thread is boring so talking about random tulip makes it more interesting especially when the random tulip has inferences to you.
        ok you got me, out of curiosity, when a high net worth (whatever that means today) individual identifies themselves to you, how does the transaction actually work ? I mean, they walk up and say, hi Sue, I'm a high net worth individual would you like to see my [Blankety Blank] or how's it done these days

curiously there are a lot of people out there who would like others to think they are high net worth, and cars is a very very inaccurate measure of wealth because any old monkey can get finance and find a way to have a shiny motor on their drive

Regarding 10k bikes, what is the point ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          A bit like your missus when Shaunbhoy pops over then?
          I doubt his mobility scooter could get up our hilly drive.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Have you considered the Jag F-pace?

I am waiting to see the E-pace; if I can get BGG's wheels in the boot it will be mine.

As a poor permie the F-Pace is out of budget
            Growing old is mandatory
            Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
              Have you considered the Jag F-pace?

I am waiting to see the E-pace; if I can get BGG's wheels in the boot it will be mine.

As a poor permie the F-Pace is out of budget

1) from the front, it really looks like they went to China, bought a product and stuck their badge on it
              the badge panel is huge with a little cat in the middle

2) I don't trust anything coming out of Jaguar Landrover, as the experienced ones say, only buy a Jaguar/Landrover new and sell it before you get to 50k miles

Milan.
              Last edited by milanbenes; 25 August 2017, 12:06.

Comment

1969 Ferrari GT4 2+2 V12, six twin choke Webers, petrol dripping out the exhaust pipes.

The one with the six round tail lights and spinners...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  1969 Ferrari GT4 2+2 V12, six twin choke Webers, petrol dripping out the exhaust pipes.

The one with the six round tail lights and spinners...
                  is that the same as a 400/412 or earlier

I've always liked the 400/412, but before I buy an old car, I need to build another garage or a barn.

:-(

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                    is that the same as a 400/412 or earlier

I've always liked the 400/412, but before I buy an old car, I need to build another garage or a barn.

:-(

Milan.
                    It is!

Nearly bought a RHD one from Ibiza, was looking forward to the drive back, but car was brown and no way was I driving a brown car...

Comment

Brown was one of the colours, classic and sports car did a spread on the 400 a few years and took a brown one for the article

I love that model it's my favourite Ferrari, but not many like it

it's a proper V12 (SAS will love it), 4 seater grand tourer and still almost affordable

one that surprises me is the Ferrari Dino, for the last 30 years fanatics laughed at the Dino, and now suddenly in the last couple of years the Dino has become the darling of the classic car world and prices for Dino's are now like quarter of a million upwards !!

what happened ?

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                      X