• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The next car

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    What is this diesel stuff you all speak of?
    Otherwise known as Satan's paraffin. It belongs in lorries, not cars.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
      Sometimes, you have to crane your neck a bit to see properly....

Was that the one which fell off a car transporter? Looks a bit too 'neat' to be crash related.
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Oddly every time I see a Porsche or some sports car in my area I look to see how old the driver is.

Never been disappointed yet - all the drivers look well over 50.
        The main reason is that they cost soo much that the average person can only afford a decent sports car when they reach that age.

Like me saving to put kids through uni.

When I have done that I can get one but I'll be over 50.

Still, plenty of gold diggers around.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post

and SAS, we were in the smoke last week, for all of 24 hours, we noticed that an evening walking around central London left visible dirt on our faces

I strongly recommend you to move to the country, it's not healthy in Laaandan

Milan.
          You've always been thick as mince. But now you surpass yourself:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...tion-in-europe
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            You've always been thick as mince. But now you surpass yourself:

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...tion-in-europe
            Not sure how that proves, based on Milan's post that you quoted, that he's as thick as mince.

I mean you may be right, but on the face of it Milan's post and the Guardian article don't seem to be in stark contradiction, unless maybe it's to point out that NO2 doesn't leave one with a visibly smokey face.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Not sure how that proves, based on Milan's post that you quoted, that he's as thick as mince.

I mean you may be right, but on the face of it Milan's post and the Guardian article don't seem to be in stark or comical contradiction, unless maybe it's to point out that NO2 doesn't leave one with a visibly smokey face.
              Milan is an idiot who in a later posts suggests that the NO issue is a uniquely British problem.
              But more relevantly I despise people who buy huge polluting cars when they aren't really required.
              It's not as if those behemoths are fun to drive anyway - I'd never get a SUV because they just aren't fun and also in accidents tend to easily tip over.
              Saw a clip of a big Audi SUV hit from behind by a much smaller car - it tipped on its side in an instant.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Saw a clip of a big Audi SUV hit from behind by a much smaller car - it tipped on its side in an instant.
                A bit like your missus when Shaunbhoy pops over then?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Milan is an idiot who in a later posts suggests that the NO issue is a uniquely British problem.
                  But more relevantly I despise people who buy huge polluting cars when they aren't really required.
                  It's not as if those behemoths are fun to drive anyway - I'd never get a SUV because they just aren't fun and also in accidents tend to easily tip over.

rotflmfao

blimey what happened

SAS, the current Q7 has the air suspension, it is fantastic at high speeds it lowers the car down like a sports car and stiffens (oo errr) the ride

on terrain or in the snow I can lift the car higher

and regarding safety, the reason I love the ride height of SUV's is because on the motorway, from the commanding driving position in the Q7 I can see, not only the car in front of me, but I can see three cars in front of him, so actually I am influencing my driving decisions not only by the car in front of me, but by what's going on three cars ahead of him that he actually cannot see !!! just try to get your head round that, three cars ahead when they are starting to do something funny, I can start breaking before the car in front of me even knows what's going on

I really really appreciate that aspect of driving an SUV and for that reason alone as long as I have enough pennies I'll always be buying an SUV

then there's the, we can see over the hedges and it makes the journey more interesting

and since as a family we really use the Q7 only for away days and holidays, it provides us with first class travel, since living on the mainland we prefer to make long journeys (road trips) by car rather than fly, then as I mentioned earlier, if we happen to get stuck behind the odd slow coach the extra horse power gives us the freedom to overtake in situations where other cars (your Toyota Aga or whatever it's called) would not have any chance

then regarding the emissions and consumption, the new SQ7 is doing 7.5l/100km my current Q7 is doing 10. These modern Euro 5 Euro 6 diesels have all the filters and technology take away the dirty gases etc, and like I said, Chateau Benes is out in the sticks anyway

Regarding the main subject of the post, one car I didn't have on the list which should be considered is the Porsche Cayenne Diesel S, infact that one's got a 4,2l diesel how cool is that ?

And from what I can see the Cayenne Diesel S is cheaper than the loaded SQ7

only downer is the boot is smaller

Milan.
                  Last edited by milanbenes; 25 August 2017, 10:23.

Comment

Porsche Cayenne S Disel

Porshe Cayenna S Desel Speficication

4,2 v8 Dsel what's not to like

SAS you'll like this one more, it's not as big as the Q7, infact it's almost a compact !

If I get it I'll drive it over to Laaaandan just for you :-)

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      The main reason is that they cost soo much that the average person can only afford a decent sports car when they reach that age.

Like me saving to put kids through uni.

When I have done that I can get one but I'll be over 50.

Still, plenty of gold diggers around.
                      My area has some very high net worth individuals - some of whom have been pointed out to me or identified themselves. (The latter tend to be tossers.) However they are more likely to have a £10K push bike than a sports car.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X