• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

total slimeball

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

total slimeball

people like this make me sick!

Man jailed for spending elderly mother's money - BBC News

how can anyone do this?

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

how can anyone do this?
    Someone in my class at school is currently 'doing an eight stretch' for stealing the best part of £1 million off OAPs. Nasty bit of work at school so nothing changed in the intervening years.

Comment

Amazingly it happened to Claire Hollingsworth. The lady who broke the story of WW2.

Comment

Maybe he had it in for his mother?

Comment

Just forwarded this to Andrew, thanks for the tip.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Amazingly it happened to Claire Hollingsworth. The lady who broke the story of WW2.
            I think she died (at the age of 105 or so) a month or two ago. ISTR she had a slot on Radio 4's Last Word (an obituary program I listen to while driving home on Friday afternoons).

So her kids must be cogging on a bit, at least in their 70s I'd have thought.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I know some guy whose parents cleaned out his bank account while he was serving in Iraq (or similar).

Apparently they hoped he would not come back.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                I think she died (at the age of 105 or so) a month or two ago. ISTR she had a slot on Radio 4's Last Word (an obituary program I listen to while driving home on Friday afternoons).

So her kids must be cogging on a bit, at least in their 70s I'd have thought.
                Her son is in Russia I think - recently released her biography. Mrs BP got a few pages - and was just above Adolf Hitler in the index(and real life aggression...).

I should add it was not her kids who fleeced her, but Ted Hughes.

I believe Conrad Black and some of the other Telegraph stalwarts made sure she did not suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  I know some guy whose parents cleaned out his bank account while he was serving in Iraq (or similar).

Apparently they hoped he would not come back.
                  I suppose a good chance of him being killed. By the Americans....

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

how can anyone do this?
                    Well that's a few million millennials screwed...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X