• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car fun and games #844

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Nicely shoe-horned in, but the responses don't validate your statement.
    Fits the thread starter to a t.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

for the record I'd be insisting on the main dealer

it's not a question of whether you owned up or not, that's for your conscience

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by assguru View Post
        3 pages to justify what I would call a typical Brexiter attitude i.e. not taking responsibility for one's fook ups.
        Main dealer every time, why should he go to some small shop on your say so ?
        Ahhh, CUK's very own Assguru. Are you taking time out from scanning the worlds press for anti-Brexit stories to post?

Anyway. Cheers for all the thoughts/replies everyone. I'm thinking of offering to meet half way and see what he says:

We were quoted ~£300-350 for a guaranteed repair from a recognised car body shop. He was quoted ~£600 from a main dealer. I'll offer to meet him > half way and say £500, payable in cash on production of an invoice and breakdown from Honda once the work is done. He pays the rest.

If he doesn't like that, then he can choose either the authorised repairer which we pay, or go through insurance, which will affect his renewal (no fault claim).

Everything considered I think that would be a fair offer.
        Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
        "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          Nicely shoe-horned in, but the responses don't validate your statement.
          AssSnob being correct? Blimey you are expecting a lot!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Judge Judy would have made the neighbour accept the lower quote. And sent them away with a flea in their ear.

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
              Ahhh, CUK's very own Assguru. Are you taking time out from scanning the worlds press for anti-Brexit stories to post?

Anyway. Cheers for all the thoughts/replies everyone. I'm thinking of offering to meet half way and see what he says:

We were quoted ~£300-350 for a guaranteed repair from a recognised car body shop. He was quoted ~£600 from a main dealer. I'll offer to meet him > half way and say £500, payable in cash on production of an invoice and breakdown from Honda once the work is done. He pays the rest.

If he doesn't like that, then he can choose either the authorised repairer which we pay, or go through insurance, which will affect his renewal (no fault claim).

Everything considered I think that would be a fair offer.
              Endless comments saying he's been reasonable and you are still trying to save a full 100 quid. Why didn't you let your wife deal with it? She sounds like the only reasonable one in your house.

You know it will affect your insurance as well? Ridiculous.

I bet all this would be the other way round if the shoe was on the other foot. Nothing worse than some ****er damaging your car and then sitting on their high horse trying to justify why they shouldn't pay the reasonable costs. Same type of person that would be insisting on main dealer repair and throwing a wobbler if it happened to them IMO.

Unless you are just trolling which looks more and more likely as this thread goes on.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Unless you are just trolling which looks more and more likely as this thread goes on.
                Nope judging by his other posts he really is that stupid.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  trying to justify why they shouldn't pay the reasonable costs. Same type of person that would be insisting on main dealer repair and throwing a wobbler if it happened to them IMO.
                  Exactly. We've offered to pay reasonable costs. If I took my car* to a main dealer and was quoted £300 for an oil and filter change, is that reasonable costs? Would it be a much better oil and filter change than some (any) other recognised car servicing outlet?

*rl4's car hasn't been near a main dealer since 2009, and that was only because the former owner was a mechanic at the main dealer.
                  Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                  "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                    Exactly. We've offered to pay reasonable costs. If I took my car* to a main dealer and was quoted £300 for an oil and filter change, is that reasonable costs? Would it be a much better oil and filter change than some (any) other recognised car servicing outlet?

*rl4's car hasn't been near a main dealer since 2009, and that was only because the former owner was a mechanic at the main dealer.
                    Pointless pointing anything else out to you. You are just trolling now. Begone foul beast.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

This is why I don't have a licence!

Comment

Working...
                      X