• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't wind up Maajid Nawaz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    He attacked the man because he was stating that some races are more intelligent than others.

The thing is there is no biological basis for race, and the issue with a lot of the tests is they used people who had different phenotypes but shared genotypes. Plus there is more than one type of intelligence.
    Bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      By many measures some races are more successful in intelligence tests than others, some are more successful in spatial awareness these things have been scientifically proven.
      You do know the difference between ethnic group and race don't you? You don't appear to regarding what you post.

One of the problems with the IQ tests is in the US they were testing descendants of slave owners and slaves who share genes.

Until we admit we are all different and learn how to cope with it we will not progress.

It is highly unlikely I or any of my family will win any significant sprinting or long distance running competition. We are the wrong shape & body composition. However get us in a scrum and we will win.

However we have many other skills.
      Ahh so you have the same genetic background as Mitch...
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It is highly unlikely I or any of my family will win any significant sprinting or long distance running competition.
        Neither will you score highly on any IQ tests.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          It's a fix I tell you!!!

Comment

You do know the difference between ethnic group and race don't you? You don't appear to regarding what you post.

One of the problems with the IQ tests is in the US they were testing descendants of slave owners and slaves who share genes.
            Yes I do know the difference however that is a whole different kettle of fish. Even if you go at ethnic group level There are a lot more nurtures going on there down at national & regional level its even more confusing.

An Indian Aryan is normally visibly different from a Dravidian.

A Pakistani Indian cultural outlook is subtly different to an Indian Indian.

If we agree the different races (Black, White , Asian, Oriental,Eskimo etc.) separated millions of years ago and then developed based on survival of the fittest in response to vastly different environments then it seems impossible that they would all develop the same sort of intelligence at the same level in isolation. Anyone who believes that evolution makes people equal is obviously a bit dim

Its likely those that lived on hot tundra would have different biological advantages to those that in more temperate climates.

A key reason we are top of the food chain is our ability to reason most Darwinian bang for your buck is in the brain.

If you grew a different crop in each country from the same initial seed in the UK you would no doubt find evolution would quickly enhance the differences that gave them biological advantage.

Now as I said the intelligence is different, not necessarily better or worse. We need to understand why & how then get the most from everyone.

If you then come to cultural effects that is something we can train out if it affects society but we don't have the guts to do so. We won't prosecute travellers for their antisocial behaviour and the native British don't tend to revere their elders. Similarly some cultures and the ethnic groups that need to learn women are equal and should be respected.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              that's alright I get my spouse to do them

Comment

Yes I do know the difference however that is a whole different kettle of fish. Even if you go at ethnic group level There are a lot more nurtures going on there down at national & regional level its even more confusing.

An Indian Aryan is normally visibly different from a Dravidian.

A Pakistani Indian cultural outlook is subtly different to an Indian Indian.

If we agree the different races (Black, White , Asian, Oriental,Eskimo etc.) separated millions of years ago and then developed based on survival of the fittest in response to vastly different environments then it seems impossible that they would all develop the same sort of intelligence at the same level in isolation. Anyone who believes that evolution makes people equal is obviously a bit dim

Its likely those that lived on hot tundra would have different biological advantages to those that in more temperate climates.

A key reason we are top of the food chain is our ability to reason most Darwinian bang for your buck is in the brain.

If you grew a different crop in each country from the same initial seed in the UK you would no doubt find evolution would quickly enhance the differences that gave them biological advantage.

Now as I said the intelligence is different, not necessarily better or worse. We need to understand why & how then get the most from everyone.

If you then come to cultural effects that is something we can train out if it affects society but we don't have the guts to do so. We won't prosecute travellers for their antisocial behaviour and the native British don't tend to revere their elders. Similarly some cultures and the ethnic groups that need to learn women are equal and should be respected.
                Your whole post shows you don't know the difference between nationally, ethnic group and race.

No wonder SAS piped up.

Comment

Your whole post shows you don't know the difference between nationally, ethnic group and race.

No wonder SAS piped up.
                  Do please explain what you understand the terms to mean. Show references if you wish.

Comment

No wonder SAS piped up.
                    I think you are just deliberately trying to avoid the argument by being pedantic.

Fact is that people who grew up with different influencing factors will have different (not better or worse) brains - this is not something we can or should try and change.

Also people who grew up with different influencing factors will also have different cultures, standards and values - some of these are incompatible with the cultures, standards and values of the country they have moved to and so they need to to stop.

If they refuse to stop and instead bring about enclaves and subcultures and insist on continuing to practice these cultures, standards and values when they are in direct contravention of the host countries laws must be stopped and removed - if needs be by force.

And that is apparently a racist attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      I think you are just deliberately trying to avoid the argument by being pedantic.

Fact is that people who grew up with different influencing factors will have different (not better or worse) brains - this is not something we can or should try and change.

Also people who grew up with different influencing factors will also have different cultures, standards and values - some of these are incompatible with the cultures, standards and values of the country they have moved to and so they need to to stop.

If they refuse to stop and instead bring about enclaves and subcultures and insist on continuing to practice these cultures, standards and values when they are in direct contravention of the host countries laws must be stopped and removed - if needs be by force.

And that is apparently a racist attitude.
                      Sounds like you've explained Brexiters down to a tee...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X