• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't wind up Maajid Nawaz

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't wind up Maajid Nawaz

linky

This is the moment that Maajid Nawaz brilliantly took down a caller who said that states should only have one ethnicity.

Carl in Birmingham told him that diversity had failed and that Japan works better as a society because they only have one culture and ethnicity.

Carl said: "Diversity has failed. So you or the people in that situation have to argue why diversity works."

Maajid then asked him: "When you say 'you and people like you', what do you mean? Do you mean brown people?

"Do me the honour, although you may think I'm less intelligent than you, not being white, answer the question. Do you think a state just for white people is a justifiable aspiration."

Carl then responded: "I think it's justifiable in the sense that it would result in a more well-functioning society. Mass immigration has not helped this society.

"Ethno-states function better. You can't argue against that."

But Maajid hit back firmly, saying: "I don't have to argue jack with you. You have to prove to me why I don't contribute to society as much as a white person.

"People like you owe me an apology. Do you know why? Because I grew up running from people like you who were carrying hammers, spitting at me and trying to attack me because of the colour of my skin.

"So you justify to me why you think I'm contributing less to this society than someone white like you."
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Multiculturalism has by and large failed.

There are ghettos in all countries where it's been attempted.

One ethnicity doesn't mean white only.

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
      Multiculturalism has by and large failed.
      Nonsense - London is the best city in the world...
      one day at a time

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
        Nonsense - London is the best city in the world to launder money.
        FTFY

Comment

I've got a lot of time for Maajid Nawaz, to think he was actually been labelled an anti muslim extremist is comcial

Comment

In a stabby, acid throwing no go zone area kind of way? Is it the one to go to when too hard up for Dignitas and you want to check out in an exciting way?

London is now the Balkans on steroids, the first major crisis for the city and it will be hell on earth. Blitz spirit? Long gone, they will be cracking each others skulls open to skoop out the goo.

Comment

Yes it is. But there are ethnic ghettos there. East London has quite a few.

Most of the multi background areas where integration has maybe worked are uni-cultural or secular. And there are not many.

Integration must be on the terms of the host, not the migrant. And that is not acceptable to the migrant if he is coming from a country that has been destroyed at some point by the host. So it will never work.

Comment

Originally posted by Fronttoback View Post
                There are ghettos in all countries where it's been attempted.
                Are you saying there are no ghettos in countries where multiculturalism does not exist, or are you just writing two completely unrelated sentences and claiming that one is the result of the other.

There was no issue with nuclear weapons before women had the vote.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by excon View Post
                  In a stabby, acid throwing no go zone area kind of way? Is it the one to go to when too hard up for Dignitas and you want to check out in an exciting way?

London is now the Balkans on steroids, the first major crisis for the city and it will be hell on earth. Blitz spirit? Long gone, they will be cracking each others skulls open to skoop out the goo.

WHS. You knew where you were with the Krays. They only did their own and you could leave your door unlocked.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Interesting read the old crime stats:

Historical crime data - Gov.uk

More serious act or other acts endangering life...

1940 - 237
                    1960 - 1847
                    2001/02 - 16547
                    2007/08 - 15118

It's pretty much the same for every other type of crime.

Wonder what acid throwing and FGM fall under?

Comment

Working...
                    X