• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Employment Tribunal Fees Unlawful

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    If it's breaking news I tend to look at the Beeb, Sky etc first.
    I think he was referring to the spelling in the title (which has now been corrected)
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      I think he was referring to the spelling in the title (which has now been corrected)
      I've just done another one...
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Needed to be done in light of the statistics, good result.

Comment

I've just done another one...
          Fixed that one too.

Although milk being in human would imply that it has been drunk, so is perfectly acceptable.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I don't find ties or suits sexy.

However some people involved in deciding uniform policies have warped ideas of what both men and women should dress like.
            Mrs V likes me Suited & Booted. Working from home has ruined my sex life! - joking !
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              It was a nasty idea and saved sod all. It has however caused a 70% drop in cases.
              What was the ratio of successful to unsuccessful cases before and after 2013?

Back in the day, when I employed people, I employed one saleswoman who sold sod all. So I closed my sales department down and made her redundant. And she took me to the employment tribunal with a whole long list of frivolous tulipe in her claim, including sex discrimination. (which she later withdrew). Her 'unfair dismissal' claim was obvious that her meaning of 'unfair' was not the same as the one the ET would use.

Eventually, having spent thousands on unrecoverable legal fees, she realised she didn't have a case and agreed to settle for £500 which worked out cheaper than my day in court (which would have been successful) and so we settled rather than go for the pyrrhic victory. She got £500 she didn't deserve, I got to stop worrying about it.

(As she'd had no formal advice on this, she forgot to request a good reference as part of the settlement. Which meant I could be truthful when I got a subsequent reference request).

She would have more likely thought twice if she'd had to pay for the ET1 submission rather than being able to make a cost free vindictive submission.
              Taking a break from contracting

Comment

If it's breaking news I tend to look at the Beeb, Sky etc first.
                i was referring to the misspelt header <now corrected by overzealous moderators>
                sorry

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post

Back in the day, when I employed people, I employed one saleswoman who sold sod all. So I closed my sales department down and made her redundant. And she took me to the employment tribunal with a whole long list of frivolous tulipe in her claim, including sex discrimination. (which she later withdrew). Her 'unfair dismissal' claim was obvious that her meaning of 'unfair' was not the same as the one the ET would use.

Eventually, having spent thousands on unrecoverable legal fees, she realised she didn't have a case and agreed to settle for £500 which worked out cheaper than my day in court (which would have been successful) and so we settled rather than go for the pyrrhic victory. She got £500 she didn't deserve, I got to stop worrying about it.

(As she'd had no formal advice on this, she forgot to request a good reference as part of the settlement. Which meant I could be truthful when I got a subsequent reference request).

She would have more likely thought twice if she'd had to pay for the ET1 submission rather than being able to make a cost free vindictive submission.
                  so an argument for speeding it up with a smoother process not making it chargeable.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                    Needed to be done in light of the statistics, good result.
                    Unless you're a Brexiter Tory donor with a seventies haircut: I'm Fuming Employment Tribunal Ruling - The Supreme Court Have Got It Wrong! :: Pimlico Plumbers

Pimlico Plumbers, which has donated more than £48,000 to the Conservative party in the last two years, lost a separate case earlier this year against a plumber who challenged the company’s view that he was self-employed at an employment tribunal.
                    Mullins told the radio programme that the scrapping of fees for employment tribunals was a “ridiculous, stupid, dangerous and irrational decision” and would lead to “malicious” claims from employees.
                    From the ruling:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post

One that she won.

The reason fees were introduced was because businesses lobbied for it. If it means that one person benefits from having their voice heard then they are a good thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X