• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stress

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Who gets stressed and if so, what do you do about it?
    Kick the nearest crippled gypsy child. Obviously.
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

What people should do is remember this.

Life is a lottery, and nobody has any control over when and where they are born.

Bearing that in mind, to have been born at this time, in this country, even into the poorest of families still puts you ahead of probably 90%+ of all the people ever born on the planet.

And if you happen to be considerably better off than the poorest family then you are very privileged indeed.

The secret is to stop looking up at those who appear to have more than you and, if anything, look below you and try to appreciate just how much good fortune you have in your life.

HTH
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

don't get mad, get even.

If someone is in a position and trying to cause you stress then work out a way to win. Those sort of people always screw up.

A short mantra that I find helps, "Its not me, its You yer fffin retard and you are going to pay!"
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Comment

I simply remind myself to just keep sending my weekly invoice.
            Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Take a holiday. Just you by yourself with nobody else. Me and Mrs Scooter do this every year, I stay at home and look after the kids for 10-15 days or so whilst she visits friends in the other side of the world, then vice versa and I take a photography tour of south America or something.

Do make time for you.
              Last edited by scooterscot; 15 July 2017, 14:30.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I only get stressed when I've not much work. However, I've found a great medication for that. Beer.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

How you view stress is important.

https://www.ted.com/talks/kelly_mcgo...end/transcript

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    Actually very interesting makes a lot of sense!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

When I get stressed I go and f**k your wife.

Comment

Working...
                      X