• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU demands answer on EU bill within 5 days

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    They'll take a way Hinckley Point, the National Grid, Vauxhall, ...
    No pain no gain.
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Once fine? It has not been fine since the Titanic sank. Even then, the spoils were enjoyed by the few while the majority lived in poverty.

You should fit right in at CUK. No arguments. No thoughts. Just shout "cretin".
      Don't recall shouting 'cretin' at any stage, but if you think the cap fits I'll not argue with you. And we were (still are, just about) a strong country with a voice on the world stage. After Brexit we will be a small insignificant country on the edge of Europe, half full of racists and xenophobes who still believe we are in WW2 against the Nazis.

We, the UK, helped create what the EU is today. No point blaming the Germans or the French as we are equally to blame for any ills of the EU. But it's easier to blame those damn foreigners rather than look in the mirror and accept that we also have a responsibility. But no, let's just bail rather than sorting out the mess we made.

And, just to correct you, the majority in the UK do NOT live in poverty. Poverty is surviving on a couple of dollars a day. Having no home, sharing a hut with 10 other people in the arid countries across Asia and Africa. What we call poverty, half the world will class as wealth ... hence why so many are willing to risk their lives to reach our shores.
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        4 days left. Time is running out. If you can't pay we'll send our non existent army round.
        FTFY
        Last edited by vetran; 13 July 2017, 11:20.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          The Brown shirts?
          well he is talking tulip as usual.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
            Don't recall shouting 'cretin' at any stage, but if you think the cap fits I'll not argue with you. And we were (still are, just about) a strong country with a voice on the world stage. After Brexit we will be a small insignificant country on the edge of Europe, half full of racists and xenophobes who still believe we are in WW2 against the Nazis.

We, the UK, helped create what the EU is today. No point blaming the Germans or the French as we are equally to blame for any ills of the EU. But it's easier to blame those damn foreigners rather than look in the mirror and accept that we also have a responsibility. But no, let's just bail rather than sorting out the mess we made.

And, just to correct you, the majority in the UK do NOT live in poverty. Poverty is surviving on a couple of dollars a day. Having no home, sharing a hut with 10 other people in the arid countries across Asia and Africa. What we call poverty, half the world will class as wealth ... hence why so many are willing to risk their lives to reach our shores.
            First chance I had a say on Europe my whole life mate.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
              and if Remain had won, you can be sure it would have been your last chance ...
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I'm not blaming the Germans or French, they like other countries are trying to get what they can. Germany is doing very well out of this and is in charge, in fact some people are now saying she is the de facto leader of the free world. France is not doing so well but I'm sure they will have a resurgence.

Regarding changing the EU, well I don't think you can - there are too many vested interests and too many voices, unless Germany decides to, because its paying the cash.

The EU is very much a political union, the only way for it to survive is if it becomes a federal Europe.

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
                  We live in a democracy. We vote for people to represent us, both in Westminster and in the EU parliament. So no, it isn't the first time you've had a say in this. If you didn't like the way the EU was being run, you could have spoken to your MEP, or even stood for parliament yourself if you felt so strong ... but no, it's easier to blame others than get off your backside and do something positive.
                  I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

We live in a democracy. We vote for people to represent us, both in Westminster and in the EU parliament. So no, it isn't the first time you've had a say in this. If you didn't like the way the EU was being run, you could have spoken to your MEP, or even stood for parliament yourself if you felt so strong ... but no, it's easier to blame others than get off your backside and do something positive.
                    Brexit is positive!

Comment

We weren't allowed in until 1973, because we were vetoed by the French. So we didn't "[help] create what the EU is today." Perhaps it wouldn't have been the great stitch up it now is if we had been permitted to have our say on the Treaty of Rome. Or perhaps we would have made it worse, we'll never know.
                      It isn't working, and now we're leaving. You may not be happy with that, but you'll get over it...
                      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                      X