• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car nicked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was really excited when I thought my 14 year old 350z had been nicked. But it had just been towed for being parked in a suspended bay.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
      you are good.
      The google is strong in this one.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I don't want to get beaten up over losing my car. I have come up with 2 solutions: -
        1. Leave the keys in the car
        2. Move in with Churchill

Comment

Are there any stats/facts on how often these types of break in lead to violence if the keys aren't easily found downstairs? As soon as they go upstairs it becomes burglary with menaces (or whatever the actual wording is) where a much stronger sentence is likely.

So some scrote would risk going upstairs threatening violence to get the keys for a hot hatch?

My only experience of this was waking up to hear two scrotes jumping over the side gate onto the gravel path because I'd left my hot hatch on the driveway on a new housing estate where they targeted. Cleared out the garage and used it after that near miss. A few days later they came back and nicked a neighbours Golf GTI because they couldn't be arsed clearing their garage and thought it wouldn't happen again.

I had and still have no intention of making it easy for them, it will only encourage them. Besides, with all the brand new leased SUVs and 'prestige' cars about they should be attracted elsewhere anyway. So instead of keeping up with the jones, try to make sure they have the more desirable car if you want to sleep easy and are worried about this stuff.
          Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Now they have the wife's keys, I presume your house keys also, ask them tonight when they pop round again ??

Door lock change day ?

Comment

Sorry to hear QH.

Just one question - you say they forced open the doors. Were these older style doors or the modern ones with several latches along their length?
              After a few burglaries in the areas, I've installed the latter, not sure how effective they are.
              Also have a Verisure alarm system which has internal cameras and guard response.
              Also installed a couple of cameras along the side of the house.

Lastly car keys are kept hidden and I have a baseball bat under the bed.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                I have a baseball bat under the bed.
                A bit dodgy. I thought having a massive torch was the acceptable way of being armed yet not. "Just in case of power cuts, officer".

I was going to make a joke about having a fleshlight under the bed but daren't google it to make sure I'm thinking of the right thing.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  I was going to make a joke about having a fleshlight under the bed but daren't google it to make sure I'm thinking of the right thing.
                  Men are not allowed sex toys. Only women are.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...t-a-revolution

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
                    Now they have the wife's keys, I presume your house keys also, ask them tonight when they pop round again ??

Door lock change day ?
                    No thank fully kept separate.

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Sorry to hear QH.

Just one question - you say they forced open the doors. Were these older style doors or the modern ones with several latches along their length?
                    After a few burglaries in the areas, I've installed the latter, not sure how effective they are.
                    Also have a Verisure alarm system which has internal cameras and guard response.
                    Also installed a couple of cameras along the side of the house.

Lastly car keys are kept hidden and I have a baseball bat under the bed.

No it's a five point locking PCV door that you think is secure until you find that they can snap the lock inside in under 30 seconds. I believe there's a vid on YooToob showing you how to do this. You can get doors with anti snap bolts nowadays.

It's a bit after the horse has bolted but now looking at making the house as secure as possible.

It's a good idea until you get the baseball used against you. The SOCO guy said a guy was beaten up as the keys for his Focus RS were upstairs with him.

qh
                    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
                      No thank fully kept separate.

No it's a five point locking PCV door that you think is secure until you find that they can snap the lock inside in under 30 seconds. I believe there's a vid on YooToob showing you how to do this. You can get doors with anti snap bolts nowadays.

It's a bit after the horse has bolted but now looking at making the house as secure as possible.

It's a good idea until you get the baseball used against you. The SOCO guy said a guy was beaten up as the keys for his Focus RS were upstairs with him.

qh
                      Get the Verisure alarm system, they provide large signs which act as deterrent, there's also a 24 hr monitored panic button which on being pressed will make them call you, ask for a password and if not correct contact the police and send a guard over.
                      Cost is just over 35 quid a month.
                      I also have installed a safe in a spare room which has a lock on it - that's for storing laptops etc. when on holiday.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X