• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Andy Murray - Wimbledon 17

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I don't normally find womens' tennis interesting but Konta's match, and watching Venus' play, were both great. Could be a great semi, and guarantees someone interesting in the final (I don't know who the other 4 women are).

Yeah shame they meet in the semi, would have made a great final. In recent times the underdog in the final has caved under the pressure, hope it's a good match regardless of who reaches it but there'll be at least one newbie.

One pundit on the BBC (Marion Bartoli I think) said she's looking forward to a new Wimbledon champion on Saturday now all the favourites are out. Erm, Venus Williams has won Wimbledon 5 times.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Jamie and Martina are number one seeds - both are near the top of the doubles rankings.
      I know. Was more a dig at not being Andy Murray content.

Hingis still looks tidy, though only in her mid 30s. Remember when she first won Wimbledon in the mid 90s, she was barely legal back then.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
        Well done Konta. So that's a Scot and and Romanian/Australian in the QF's then. Yet again, English players fail to get passed the early rounds.

Hungarian/Australian.

Though she moved to England when she was 14 and considers herself British after growing up here (as she put it). Only got citizenship in 2012, but like many British sporting greats we sometimes import them from the old empire or commonwealth countries, which is fair after all the industrial revolution advances we gave them.

Comment

Connect 4.

Comment

So England's hopes are an Hungarian woman and a Scot???

Comment

I just miss the days when women players used to wear those tiny panties.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I just miss the days when women players used to wear those tiny panties.
                Or none at all and scratch their bum. Unless that Athena poster wasn't a real tennis player
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Or none at all and scratch their bum. Unless that Athena poster wasn't a real tennis player
                  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tennis_Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                    So England's hopes are an Hungarian woman and a Scot???
                    Britain's hopes. You're confusing tennis and football... easy mistake to make when one isn't so bright.

You know, I don't think that Farah chap was born here either.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      ...You know, I don't think that Farah chap was born here either.
                      Yep, born in Somalia, came to England aged 8.

According to wikipedia his father (British citizen born in London hence how Mo ended up here) is an IT consultant.

Comment

Working...
                      X