• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Vote Leave chief who created £350m NHS lie on bus admits leaving EU could be an error

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    Hence:

I don't expect you to read every post you respond to, but you could at least read mine.
    I read.

German cars got no real alternative - Merc, Audi, VW, Skoda: they own the market, sales will dorp because a lot less people in UK will be able to afford it due to Sterling drop, nevermind 10% WTO tariff, which many UK manufacturers wil be payng twice due to import-reexport-import of parts

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I read.

German cars got no real alternative - Merc, Audi, VW, Skoda: they own the market, sales will dorp because a lot less people in UK will be able to afford it due to Sterling drop, nevermind 10% WTO tariff, which many UK manufacturers wil be payng twice due to import-reexport-import of parts
      Which will f**k over the Germans far more than the Japanese hosted in the UK. Do the numbers. German exports to the UK far outweigh UK-made Japanese exports to the EU. So tariffs won't happen. If they do, the Germans will have had to swallow a mahoosive pill against their will, and do you really think they'd take that?
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Which will f**k over the Germans far more than the Japanese hosted in the UK. Do the numbers. German exports to the UK far outweigh UK-made Japanese exports to the EU. So tariffs won't happen. If they do, the Germans will have had to swallow a mahoosive pill against their will, and do you really think they'd take that?
        Calculus is obvious - Japanese will move most of production within 10 years, so no internally made cars then, what alternative to imports? Driving F reg Fiestas

Germany managed Soviet occupation, they will manage Brexit easily - they stand to gain loads, this is Dunkirk 2 with immediate surrender, thanks to Farage and assorted cretins supporting him, well done

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Calculus is obvious - Japanese will move most of production within 10 years, so no internally made cars then, what alternative to imports? Driving F reg Fiestas

Germany managed Soviet occupation, they will manage Brexit easily - they stand to gain loads, this is Dunkirk 2 with immediate surrender, thanks to Farage and assorted cretins supporting him, well done
          You may be right, you may not. We'll find out soon enough, but there are enough idiots buying top of the range Mercs (see what I did there ) that the Germans will want to avoid tariffs on cars. Can't believe I had to say that again.
          His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

You may be right, you may not. We'll find out soon enough, but there are enough idiots buying top of the range Mercs (see what I did there ) that the Germans will want to avoid tariffs on cars. Can't believe I had to say that again.
            Germans got principles at stake - it's very foolish to assume they would sell them out for market access... maybe for China, but not inside EU, won't happen - they stand to benefit a lot from business moved there, I reckon overall it will be net positive for them

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
              Let up start with WWIII and the end of western political civilisation. I don't remember those. Linky?
              http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politic...endum-36515680

Mr Tusk said a vote to leave the EU would boost anti-European forces.

"As a historian I fear Brexit could be the beginning of the destruction of not only the EU but also Western political civilisation in its entirety," he told the German newspaper Bild.
              http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

So the only viable option is to destroy Brexiters

Comment

Originally posted by northernladyuk View Post
                  You don't want to back up your allegations for whatever reason. I can't remember any Remain lies - maybe I've forgotten them. So remind me and I'll choose. Otherwise, I'll just chuckle to myself at your ww3 nonsense.
                  Yes, perhaps you've forgotten them. Let's begin at the beginning and take them in porkie pairs.

Timely triggering of Article 50 vs. immediate Brexit recession. Before you decide, consider the former a conditional porkie.

Of course, these were mere "possibilities" and "scenarios", not really "promises". Let's be generous and call them white or, perhaps, grey porkies (calibrated porkies?), planting a seed with the intent to deceive.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    WWIII was Hamface. Serried rows of white headstones (British Museum IIRC).
                    Talk about taking a quote out of context. You chose to quote 5 words out of a sentence and claim that it was proof that Cameron was claiming WWIII would start. Let's look at the full sentence...

"The serried rows of white headstones in lovingly tended Commonwealth war cemeteries stand as silent testament to the price this country has paid to help restore peace and order in Europe."

Doesn't say anything about war going forward, instead it talks about people who gave their lives in the past to bring peace to Europe.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                      Yes, perhaps you've forgotten them. Let's begin at the beginning and take them in porkie pairs.

Timely triggering of Article 50 vs. immediate Brexit recession. Before you decide, consider the former a conditional porkie.

Of course, these were mere "possibilities" and "scenarios", not really "promises". Let's be generous and call them white or, perhaps, grey porkies (calibrated porkies?), planting a seed with the intent to deceive.
                      Pretty thin gruel isn't it?

I don't see an economic analysis looking at a 'black swan' style scenario as a lie, unless it was cooked up deliberately as a falsehood to deceive - possible of course, is there any evidence?

Cameron - yes that's a good one. PM pretends he won't resign if he loses a vote. That's my favourite so far.

I'm interested in others. I'm as interested in why you lied about remain ww3 lies - or have I misunderstood?

Comment

Working...
                      X