• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

working away and drinking too much

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist
    , I was shaking like a leaf with some sort of nervous reaction and during the night I peed the bed

I should try that one...
    Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Originally posted by kramer
      and drinking enough to make me forget about the empty flat i'm going back to.
      Hmmmm, a dangerous pointer to borderline heavy drinking that one...careful.

Did anyone see that program on BBC2 last night: Paul Watsons' "Rain in my heart" about 4 alcoholics receiving treatment? Very harrowing... most disturbing was the guy that just gulped a pint of wine in 2 seconds a time.

Very tourtured souls, all trying to hide a traumatic pain from earlier in their lives.

On a lighter note, BBC2: "Oz & James's Big Wine Adventure" - Top Gear meets wine snob looks good.
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
        On a lighter note, BBC2: "Oz & James's Big Wine Adventure" - Top Gear meets wine snob looks good.

Was a bit on Radio 4 the other day interviewing James May about it. Apparently Oz Clarke doesn;t actually drink very much, he just prattles on about wine a lot, has an annoying habit of touching people when he talks to them and has an unrequited love for some strange middleaged winemaker with a jealous husband.

I got the distinct impression JM was glad it was all over
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
        X