• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who should be the next Tory leader?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Boris is just another MP who put themselves first. Of course, as you say, people do relate to him.
    I was at Aunt-in-law's 80th at the weekend. The oldies love Boris.

Comment

If Boris Johnson becomes PM, it's the kind of entertainment I'd only want to watch from the safety of another country.

....oh... wait.

It's BoJo for me!
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        If Boris Johnson becomes PM, it's the kind of entertainment I'd only want to watch from the safety of another country.

....oh... wait.

It's BoJo for me!
        Normally the Tories choose someone no one expects.

Boris is too well known.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Normally the Tories choose someone no one expects.
          Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Personally I like Anna Soubry - 150/1 at Bet365 - got to be worth a fiver.

HTH

Comment

I think MarillionFan would be a great Leader.

He'd bet his house on getting majority and...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I thought I made it clear I just told you to "f**k off".
              It's CUK custom to say:

F**k off.

Really!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                And they delivered a SNP majority. Something no other UK party managed. What are you trying to tell me?
                With 36.9% of the vote in Scotland...

Tories, 28.6%
                Labour, 27.1%

So whilst under a crufty FPTP system, SNP again got too many seats, you have misinterpreted that as popular support for Indyref. That over 50% voted Conservative/Labour - pro-Union parties - tells you where an Independence Referendum is going in Scotland. Nowhere.

Those percentages in 2021 will not be delivering an SNP majority in the Scottish parliament. Those Scots really are taking a shine to the Tories.
                Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post

Those percentages in 2021 will not be delivering an SNP majority in the Scottish parliament. Those Scots really are taking a shine to the Tories.
                  You just knew Tories gaining seats in Scotland would be seen as 'won' rather than the SNP 'lost'. Yet what's her face Ruth herself cannot stomach the thought of an alliance with Northern Ireland parties. For more Scots it is an outrage. You'd need to be thick not to see that.

If you really believe Scots voted for UDP DUP or whatever they're called you need your head seen to.

Anyway back to the leader business. Their will be no leader. Anyone elected to represent the lead will be the mouth peace for the backbench comities. It is not possible to call yourself a leader with such a poor vote. Anyone else installed will trigger a new GE as no one voted for that person...

Tory no more, Westminster no more, Hull no more, EU here we go
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Mr Potato Head
                    You're awesome! Get yourself a t-shirt.

Comment

Broken poll. AndyW option is messed up, and you missed out Mogg.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X